Share your most embarrassing moment playing Pokémon GO!

I’ll say pogo is pretty embarrassing to pull out at the bar w friends. I’m a grown adult but dang if that bar is a gym… :joy:

6 Likes

2 weeks a go I was on my way home from work on my bike. Playing Pokémon Go.
They saw me act “suspicously”. So an officer stopt next to me ( I was using a landpost as a support)The Police was searching for someone. (looked like me and was just 2 years older)
When I answered the question “What are you doing”, the officer had to grin :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

Lol I always wonder as I walk by inconspicuously if people know I’m playing :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Every time someone is like i saw ur little Pokemon group :man_facepalming: It’s not called a ‘Little Pokemon group’ We don’t sit in a circle and play the Pokémon card game in the middle of the grass. We play a virtual game that neither pays nor gives you anything, we just play for sheer entertainment :laughing:

4 Likes

Why is is there no embarrassing moments now

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s embarrassing every couple of weeks we get together with the group in New Braunfels and we bar crawl and take over gyms

1 time on a Sunday a group of about 10 of us we’re waiting at a gym at a post office a cop stopped and asked what we were doing in front of a federal building that it look suspicious we told him we owned it took him a second to click when we told him we were playing Pogo he started laughing and left

2 Likes

I caught a shiny Sunkern, but didn’t realize it. I was also texting my girlfriend at the same time and instinctively transferred it. Since I was talking to her, I didn’t pay attention to the “Are you sure? This is a shiny.” warning until right after I hit it.

So, yeah, my dex is missing shiny Sunflora. lol

4 Likes

Auch, that must hurt😔

4 Likes

It did! Now, every time I see a Sunkern in the wild, I’m hoping and praying … lol

3 Likes

Having to see someone try to catch a 100% iv Shiny bulbasaur, and it runs

2 Likes

What’s really embarrassing is when you see a parked car and walk up to them or approach someone sitting at the Park cuz they look like they’re playing Pokemon and then they just look at you funny and tell you no

5 Likes

Just when you are trying to be secretly playing PoGo in a public commute, then your daughter loudly yell, “Are you playing Pokemon Go still Dad?” :joy:

4 Likes

That’s funny

I get checked on by Police all the time when I’m doing gym battles at 3-4 in the morning. Just show them my phone and they already know I’m playing Pokémon.

3 Likes

Saw this at Sceptile CD. 100% shiny ran cause 2 people had logged into the same account in a too short timespan too far away from eachother so everything instantly ran away :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I caught a shiny Sunkern, but didn’t realize it. I was also texting my girlfriend at the same time and instinctively transferred it. Since I was talking to her, I didn’t pay attention to the “Are you sure? This is a shiny.” warning until right after I hit it.

Amusingly enough, I did finally catch a shiny Sunkern again. lol

4 Likes

It was my first lugia raid and first legendary raid, didn’t get it and almost cried, a year even came down my cheek

1 Like

That sucks buddy when it was the requeza event I technically did 14 raids but was only actually able to participate in three

1 Like