[Q&A] What is the best way to establish the IV of our pokemon?

Well, the games leader messages give you, what they feel, is the most important info. In a way, it is. Powering something up to bash on raids? Atk 15 is really about all you care about. An ideal defender should be hp best, with good atk. I’m not sure how much Def fits in. But it’s really…well rounded stats. Nothing sucking too bad and THAT turns out to be a good IV.

But, seriously, for the longest time I only went off message and - I must emphasize - that that is totally fine. Quick catch. Appraise. Top message is at least 82%. Keep and bin the rest. It’s fine. It works. It’s only now, at level 38, with over 700 stock dudes, TMs lowering importance of base movesets, cramped for space, and no more huge team’s needed for friendly esteeming, that I’m trimming through and going, “bye bye 82s…ok, here 84s can go too…what? No more 87s good enough? Ok…”

Agreed. I only have less than 100 I keep so far out of 300. As I get closer to full I’ll likely pop a calc and do the same. At suggestions here I grabbed calcy iv it’s decent on the fly so far. Plus to add here’s one of those examples you mentioned. So folks can see what we mean.

Well, a long time ago since the last entry here…

As an informatic with mathematical background, I was too curious as only use the Calcy IV, I had to understand the underlying functionality.

So I started to investigate, first by my own (but I struck in several moments), until I asked @Thorend for help.
Many thanks again. And it’s not that he explained all the way, but he has given me exactly the starting point: tables

Now I have an Excel-Chart which “nearly” does the same results. Well, I work only with given name of the Mon, CP, and Stardust necesary to push up. Calcy IV use apart of this the Halfmoon-Arc around the Monster and “maybe” the HP to narrow the results.

Apart of the range of combinations, my chart get the same results, so the underlying function is understand and realised. And all this work has helped me to understand better what’s going on inside the game, so it was worth the hours of work.

All starts with the name of a mon, from where are calculated 327680 “possible” CP’s, then it filters the rows and columns, where appear the real CP, and with the Stardust it’s narrowed to a range of 2 possible levels and another 2 half-levels.

With this narrowing there are still quite an amount of combinations in IV, but they give a good look on the possible properties of the mon, and allways I can narrow more with the appraisal system.

But what I really would like to do is entering the last information that is visible, but which I still not use: HP, or SP as it is called in spanish. Is there anybody who has an idea how this date is related with the rest?

I use the gameinfo.io calculator because it lets you save your pokemon

I have a phone that doesn’t allow screenshots (work phone security thing…), so for that one I use the gameinfo.io calculator. It’s relatively easy to use. For my main phone, I use Calcy IV, and I love it.

Just have concluded as well the part of the Stamina.
I like Calcy IV, but I’ve done this work for understanding better what’s going on with this monsters.

And I think myone gives more detailled information.

Calcy is something I am looking into getting on my new phone - my old phone is completely full though :c

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemongo-iv-calculator#/ this is quite easy to use