"new attack" feature

I’ve considered that as well. I put together a list on what could potentially use both moves adequately. Here’s a list I have for all the Pokemon I currently possess:

Groudon: Earthquake, Solar Beam
Kyogre: Hydro Pump, Blizzard
Rayquaza: Outrage, Aerial Ace
Ho-Oh: Fire Blast, Solar Beam
Lugia: Sky Attack, Future Sight
Metagross: Meteor Mash/Flash Cannon, Psychic
Togekiss: Dazzling Gleam, Aerial Ace
Gardevoir: Dazzling Gleam, Psychic
Roserade: Solar Beam, Sludge Bomb
Charizard: Blast Burn/Overheat, Dragon Claw (in case Mega Evolutions become a thing)
Blaziken: Overheat, Focus Blast
Infernape: Flamethrower, Close Combat
Kingdra: Hydro Pump, Outrage
Steelix: Heavy Slam, Earthquake
Dragonite: Outrage, Hurricane
Yanmega: Bug Buzz, Aerial Ace

I can’t say these would change the meta, but preparing for future Legendaries with the second movesets is my priority, and it could be grand to be able to switch so freely between moves especially to work with the current weather.

1 Like

@NotanotherKangaskhan, if you want FB to go with your SB Mewtwo, when you “buy” FB with dust and candy, it is a random draw (1/4 chance) to get FB, if you are not getting FB but try to TM, it will be 1/3 chance to get FB since it is one less possibility.

Those are very heavy investments, especially first 5.

2 Likes

Obviously, but that’s why I’m choosing very carefully.

1 Like

You CAN change both charged attacks by TM.
It’s only a matter of time before a second Fast move happens!

The candy cost goes by which tier egg they’re born from.
Tyranitar was a steep 75 Candy and a shit ton of dust, but he’s perfect so… He had Bite and Stone Edge when I evolved him (lucky?!) and 2nd charged move is Crunch, which I WANTED!

Also gave it to my 100% Flygon and Golem. They defend gyms pretty well. People complain about certain Valor gyms having an obnoxious Flygon on the chat and I just sit there feeling like a proud poke-mom

1 Like

That must be much bigger than a regular ton. :grin:
Sounds like the proud poke-mom has a real mother of a team; congratulations!

I just can’t bring myself to part with the amount of Dust being asked only to get the crap move I don’t want and then have to double up and go again if it fails again.
I’ve got plenty of higher priorities for the Dust and Candy. I’m not seeing a game changing advantage in having 2 Charge Moves atm to make me take the leap of faith.

1 Like

I have tried it on Meacham an you get your choice of two attack moves at one time when fighting. It works well but is expensive.

You only use the dust to BUY access to the move the 1st time. THEN you use a Charged TM to change EITHER Charged move afterwards! Those can be won from raids, even small raids like Magikarp have dropped both TM variety as well as 'karp being a known Rare Candy dropping fiend.

1 Like

So let me get this right @HylianPaladin ???

1. I have a MewTwo and it has Shadow Ball. I want it to have Focus Blast as the second move.
    I use the 100K Dust and 100 Candy plus a TM to get the second move but I get crappy old Psychic. I don’t want Psychic so it will only cost me another TM to change it again?

2. What if I settle for the second move and use it a few times but then decide I want to change it, am I up for the Dust and candy again this time or is it still only TM’s?

Still expensive but it is tempting if it’s only going to cost me the Dust and Candy once as I have TM’s to burn until I get the move I want.
This will make my Gym tear ups even quicker if I have Ice Beam and Focus Blast as most Gyms tend to be filled with all or a combination of Dragonite, Blissey, Snorlax, Chancey and Metagross.

Almost correct.
You need the 100k Stardust and 100 Candy to get the extra move. You dont need a TM.
If you get a move you dont like, you ONLY need a charge TM to change it.

The Dust and Candy costs are only once. After that you can throw as many Charged TM’s at it as you want. Or none if you dont want to.

I thought you knew this, but now i understand why you didnt think giving it a second move was cost effective :wink:

2 Likes

So far, I’ve only gotten the 2nd move for 2 of my Gyrados just because I have a ton of Magicarp candy.

2 Likes

@Robdebobrob is correct, once the 2nd charge move is unlocked / bought, you can use as many CTM as you want to change either charge move to the ones you want without spending additional dust and candy

1 Like

1st time accessing 3rd move costs both Stardust and Candy.
2nd and further times costs the Charged TM only. It’ll ask you which move you wish to replace!
I wish Ttar could learn Focus Blast to Muk up some Metagross a little harder :wink: