Raids - Kyogre Raid: Hardest Legendary?

34,5, trying to get at least 25k XP per day.

1 Like

I’m level 36,1 so not close to 37
I have more XP than all other people in my toen combined

Kyogre is hard but group of 10 ppl with good counters can best him easly. On Kyogre with Blizzard use Kyogre with Thunder. I trioed him with grass counters.

1 Like

Hooh has double weakness to rock types so it is theoretically easier to beat. Kyogre deals more damage de to higher attack stats and since nothing is 2X effective it takes some work best.
Couple that with erratic movement on the catch screen, I found this to be the hardest Pokémon to catch. I was very lucky/unlucky the first go and encountered 7 Kyogre with 2320/2322 (98% IV) and of those encounters I managed to catch NONE. I helped 3 other trainers catch, but couldn’t land one myself…no amount of patience for the beast to center up and attack or great throws (personally wasn’t able to reliably land excellent) would make those beasts stay caught. Five of the encounters were after they fixed the distance and on those I think I hit over 80% small circle great throws withouts. Defined my personal worst.

I find excellent incredibly easy to land when its in the middle (not to mention that Kyogre is huge, so throwing a small excellent isnt that difficult)

If its on the left, I can sometimes land it too, but no hope on the right

2 Likes

Kyorge pretty easy for me. Also catching is easy. Did one yesterday and today. Was harder to “catch” when distance was further. But battling and winning i don’t have any issues.

Takes 3 of my mewtwos out in a team of 18

1 Like

I’ve had a lot more success with Kyogre than Ho-Oh tbh. I have seven decent to great IV Jolteons, and a few Zapdos that handle very well plus some of those Alolan Exeggutors have helped me, I caught so many to get the dragon bade that they are almost disposable against Kyogre, allowing me to save revives for my better Pokémon. The Blizzard ones are rough though, they tear through my Pokémon like crazy but still haven’t lost to it yet. Plus I’m a solid 8 out of 12 on catching it, no shiny though. I was 6 out of 15 on Ho-Oh, it puzzles me why though because Ho-Oh was easier to land throws on, my luck was just garbage.

1 Like

In a team of 18? Are you surprised he only took 3 of your mons?

2 Likes

yeah i dont dodge my phone to slow

1 Like

I dont either, but how can you lose so much inb18 people

1 Like

guess they didnt use counters, sometimes i use 1 venu 2 mewtwo

1 Like

The group I raid with hasn’t had a problem beating Kyogre. But, I’m having a devil of a time catching him. For whatever reason, I just can’t throw a pokeball that far sometimes and curveballs are an absolute no-go. I’m lucky that I caught him earlier today because this afternoon I was only able to hit him (which he escaped from) about 4 times out of the 12 balls that I had. Frustrated. I’m glad that I missed him the first go-around when people said that he was even farther out!

Weird, I often lose at least 4 Mons (especially against Blizzard) but I dont have many problems catching him, Ive only had like one of them run so far (and among the caught I had a few Pinaped ones)

1 Like

I’m 3-11 on catching Kyogre. The only Legendary I have worse luck with is Latios. I’m 3-12 on him.

1 Like

I am low on revives because of Kyogre, for 8-12 person I usually beat it on my second team.
Not only is it hard to beat, it is hard to catch as heck! I spent money for the raid pass for the chance to catch it but mostly end up frustrated. Hands down hardest to catch for me.

1 Like

Caught a weather boosted 2861 kyorge today.

1 Like

I have no problem finding or defeating Kyogre but after the first few days of seeing all the 2300 and greater CP run it’s put me off Raiding it and I can’t wait to see it go. There has been 5 days in the last 2 weeks where I haven’t even bothered to do a single Raid. My Raid numbers are roughly 1/3 down from where they normally are each week the last 2 weeks.
I’ll most likely regret not doing more Raids once it’s gone but atm it just doesn’t inspire me to Raid them to see every decent one run.

1 Like

I saw 7 with 98% IVs and watched them all run. I feel your pain!

2 Likes

I still cant get a damn shiny and I have like 2 days left…

1 Like

No shiny. My shiny luck is unseen.

1 Like