How was Your Community day

At first, I played at home because the weather was bad. I used incense and got 4 shinies out of it. For the first time I found 3 shinies in a row!

When the weather became better I went out and got 2 more shinies.

I evolved 8 Beedrill.

All in all, it was a fun and successful Community Day.
P.S. Fun fact: Weedle was the first Pokemon I found and caught in the wild (after my starter Pokemon Pikachu).

2 Likes

Did the first 2 hours at home, then walked arround for an hour with friends and did a raid, then went back home and did another 2 hours. Most were caught with the GoPlus.
I ended up with 12 shinys.
Evolved a few weedles wich i think were ok for GBL after i glanced at gostadiums top list. Ill have to check those later.

1 Like

I just couldn’t get excited about it at all. Due to that rather than going to any of my usual CD play spots and sitting on a bunch of Lured stops I decided to Chase Zekrom Raids for the afternoon on non Gold Gyms and let the Go Plus catch whatever.
Picked up 6 and evolved my normal 100% I had in the bank.

1 Like

I played similarly to the last couple CD (Seedot and Abra), caught 9 shiny, the best is 89% IV with 15 attack, and it evolved io shiny Beedrill. Also evolved the hundo Weedle to Beedrill as well.

Also it seems like the catch rate of Weedle did not increase during CD hours, still jump alot and break out like normal.

2 Likes

I was really busy yesterday. I used 1 incense, and I stopped after 1 hour, when I got a total of 8 shiny weedle.

Overall those numbers are pretty good

1 Like

21 shiny Weedle, one hundo I transfered and a 86% GL shiny and tooooons of dust (brought up like 3 PVP Mons), good one

2 Likes

Somehow right after community day ended I got carried away by life (cooking, housework, other work,…) and didn‘t get to post here.
I played one incense long, again first about an hour-long walk and then from home. I plussed a lot, because I got quite annoyed by those Weedle jumping around…
I ended up with 12 shinies, about 200k dust and two special move Beedrill (one with good IV, one for PvP).
It was ok, and I‘m somehow getting used to this kind of Community Day, but I miss meeting my old PoGo group at the park.
I probably won‘t play for Ghastly in July, but I might meet my group again for GO Fest. Our local laws and regulations allow it (with proper individual distance :mask:).

5 Likes

26 Shinies, one was a 93%.

The big payout was the Stardust: ~290,000 Stardust.

5 Likes

Well well well… not bad at all! Gastly did not disappoint!

295 encountered
14 shiny - all 2* or less
2 hundo

2 Likes

248 encounters
9 Shiny’s
1 hundo
And then I decided to watch F1 :grin:

1 Like

The fact that I would be travelling a lot hasn’t kept me from playing. Was playing half an hour at a stop on the road, and half an hour in DLP. Results:

2 Likes

I had an interesting Community Day full of surprises. I played on my 2 accounts on separate phones. On my main account I couldn’t find shiny Gastly for a long time. But then my luck changed. I found 100% IV Gastly on my main account! :star_struck: :100: This is my first hundo from CD! Then I went to catch Gastly for my second account and boom! It was shiny 100% IV Gastly! :heart_eyes: :100: :sparkles: My first ever shundo!

Then it started to rain, and I was near the Gym with Kyurem raid so I invited people to help me. I didn’t catch Kyurem on my main account, but did it on my second account. The rain soon stopped and I went on to look for shinies. I used my incubators all the time and one of the eggs I hatched was shiny Alolan Grimer with almost perfect IVs! :star_struck:

After that I finally found shiny Gastly on my main account. I found 5 shinies in total: 2 on my main account and 3 on my second account. I evolved only 2 Gengar: 1 regular and 1 shiny to get Shadow punch. I bought special research so I got one more Gengar with Shadow punch.

This CD was great and I found several good IV Gastly which I will evolve later to get better moves.

4 Likes

Great CD, but not because of Gastly :stuck_out_tongue:
I planned a day of playing airsoft and only later realized there was a CD. Didnt really matter much since its just Gastly.
I brought my Gotcha along. Turned it on at the start of the lunchbreak, popped an insence and turned it on again at the end of the lunch break so it was active for about 2 hours just sitting in the safezone by itself.
Caught 5 shinys that way. Caught a 6th on the way home from the photobombs.
Evolved a bad shiny and a 15/13/13. Seems good enough.

2 Likes

Caught all while at work…

3 Likes

For the lulz, I turned on my Star Pieces for this event. I got:

• 25 Shinies
  • 170,000 Stardust

Not too shabby…

2 Likes

Played for roughly 2 1/2hrs
1hr manual catches while I sat down and had lunch. Rest of time was GoPlus lottery while driving between a few places I had to stop briefly at.
Only 3 Shiny with 77cp being the largest CP of all 3. Sad and amusing at the same time.

2 Likes

This is the most relaxing CD I have played so far because I have more than 4000 Gastly candies and shiny Gastly / Haunter / Gengar before CD, end up with another 1000+ Gastly candies and 8 more shiny Gastly

2 Likes

One of these days I’ll get to participate in a Gengar event. Had work again for this one. But sneaked the first 2 minutes in, catching 2 Gastly and evolving 2 Haunters.

2 Likes

Everyone saying it was not too important - but I guess in next season there will be many Haunters in Great League :wink:
I used two incenses - but only got 9 shinies - obviously no hundos (back to normal here).
Did not bothered with 1$ story.

2 Likes

Was there a $1 thing?