How many in-game Friends do you have now?

Why?

1 Like

1 Like

One of the Kids accounts was created under my name in PTC. When I decided to start playing as well I used the create childs account option from my PTC account for my own. What a monumental mistake this has now turned out to be as I can not engage in all the new features and I’m almost L40 twice.
PTC has been nothing but a head ache from all the server crashes and now this. Wish I had never used this option and gone with Google accounts.

2 Likes

Have you emailed niantic about this?

2 Likes

I contacted the PTC site and as expected they were less than helpful.
Here’s the reply.

Hello Trainer,

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.

We are sorry, but we can’t change the date of birth on an account. The only way to resolve this issue is to create a new account with the correct date of birth.
Sincerely,
Agent_Abbey
The Pokémon Company International Support Team

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pokemon GO Trainer codes - Add Friends (Official Megathread)

Wouldnt that break the rules of having two accounts. Say that an see what they say plus show ID so they can see it’s a mistake with age😈

2 Likes

That’s the bit I find amusing “just create a new account”. Sure why not, it’s not as though much time and $ from my pocket has been used to get an account to almost L40 for the second time only to just abandon it and start all over again.
If I was to stat another account there is no way it would be a PTC one. It would be Google one in a heart beat.
I just have to accept that my own account wont be able to get certain things or be involved in certain aspects of the game. Not the first time in life I’ve gone without something.

3 Likes

I dont really get why you made a kids account in the first place. If i understand correctly you already had 1 PTC kids account when making the new one, so surely youre aware of those accounts having limitations.
Besides that, you were the one who filled in the personal data. Cant blame Niantic for that.

1 Like

No you don’t understand it correctly from what’s in your reply.

1 Like

That’s a bit stupid

1 Like

No, it’s not stupid, it’s completely a problem of legality. They don’t have to change them (I wouldn’t like if they do it with my data), and if you have entered wrong data… the bad one are you. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Then i dont get why you cant use the feature for another 3 years. Surely you arent 10 years old.

2 Likes

But what @NotanotherKangaskhan is saying is that he made his kid an account, and can’t change the age on his separate account, because he set his child’s age to lower than thirteen, so he cannot across the feature

1 Like

He is using an account made for one of his kids. He put in their birthday instead and as they are 10 Pokemon Go thinks he is 10 and won’t let him do friends, and sponsored gyms.

1 Like

pretty sure hes saying there he made a child account for himself, using his own PTC account…
Either im missing something, or you did some weird stuff man.
Either way, Niantic is bound by law to restrict friends options to above 13. If you cant acces it you either filled in the wrong info, or your under 13. Not much Niantic can (and should) do about that.

Poll:

• <10
  • <20
  • <30
  • <40
  • <50
  • <60
  • <75
  • <90
  • <100
  • <110
  • <125
  • <150
  • <175
  • <190
  • <200

0 voters

He made an account with his kid and put their date of birth in. They lost interest or got a new account now he’s stuck with that account

4 Likes

I set up the BobbyJack8 account for my son also. That’s his name, not mine. Luckily I used my gmail address instead of trainer’s club. Then my son got his own phone and now he has his own account, so I still play on the original one. My son is 10 and can still use the friends feature because he has his own gmail.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pokémon GO Trainer Codes - Add Friends (Official Megathread)