Catch Rates (Legendaries)

You have a perfect catch rate for Cresselia too, huh?

Here’s my updated chart. Only ones that might be affected by trades and whatnot are Raikou. Everything else should mainly be spot on. It would probably be around 88.6% that’s purely raid catches.

1 Like

Latias 1/1
Latios 2/2
Rayquaza1/1
Giratina (Altered) 1/1
My only legendaries from raids.

Yeah Cresselia is pretty easy to hit excellent so that probably explains it. Did just get a new phone today so the change in size might affect my throwing skills a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

I honestly have only used Great Throws on it so far, except for one exception where it was a happy accident I got an Excellent.

Its quite difficult for me to hit

I have yet to even raid my first Cresselia.

1 Like

Better get to it then. He’s around for less than three weeks.

My Ledgendary
Pokemon Seen Caught Capture %
Articuno 32 24 75.0
Zapdos 32 28 87.5
Moltress 30 21 70.0
MewTwo 152 132 86.8
Raikou 20 15 75.0
Entie 52 31 59.6
Suicune 33 21 63.6
Lugia 44 31 70.5
Ho-Oh 34 28 82.4
Regirock 5 4 80.0
Regice 14 12 85.7
Registeel 3 2 66.7
Latias 39 24 61.5
Latios 22 17 77.3
Kyogre 66 38 57.6
Groudon 75 59 78.7
Rayquaza 87 70 80.5
Deoxys 7 7 100.0
Dialga 30 22 73.3
Palkia 26 17 65.4
Heatran 22 13 59.1
Uxie 10 5 50.0
Giratina 77 62 80.5
Cresselia 8 5 62.5
Total 920 688 74.8
1 Like

Sadly, one Cresselia got away, breaking my perfect catch rate for it. Let’s see if we can improve my Kyogre Catch Rate over this week.

3 Likes

Might be helpful for peace of mind to remember these catch rates are per-encounter, not per-throw. The vast majority of throws at a Legendary will fail to produce a catch. Even Great or Excellent throws are more likely to be escaped than to make the catch.

Oh, I know. It was just such a long streak of it being perfect. I was 35 for 35 until number 36 got away.

Congratulations on the 35 for 36 ! Way better than most, I bet.

Newb question: how/where does one gather this information on?

By using what data we have in our dex

1 Like

Go to the Pokédex, find the Pokémon you want to see the catch rate for, Then see how many of it you have seen and how many of it you have caught. Then your catch rate is number seen over number caught.

2 Likes

Cool! I will start there.

1 Like

Bear in mind, if you raid with a group and somebody in the group has a legendary in the battle team active during your raid, your pokédex will count that as one seen for that type, although you never even had a chance to try to catch it. Same with non-legendaries you see in a gym whose enclosed stop you spin (even if you don’t battle it).

So the numbers from the dex are often one or two off, which can make a difference for pokémon for which your numbers seen are very low.

1 Like

That is absolutely not true. I saw Garchomp in a Raid Battle, but it didn’t count towards my Dex, and it was before I could register it.

Anything you see in the Raid System doesn’t count towards the Pokedex. The only time it counts in the Dex is if you saw it in the catch screen (catching it or failing to will count towards “seen” either way) or if it was put into a Gym (which is not possible for Legendaries but IS possible for Melmetal).

1 Like

Thank you for all the input. It’s still Greek to me but I’m learning!

Hm. I’ve seen it absolutely happen multiple times to my own dex, and you’ve absolutely seen it not happen. I’ll concede, in deference to your greater body of experience, and carry with me the distressing awareness that I’ve experienced something that, according to more-authoritative experience, absolutely does not happen.