Why do you think this game gets so much hate?

@Cup - nah I get what your saying and yes on paper Im classed as disabled but dont feel like it, if that makes sense?
And what you lot do for your players is awesome, brought a tear to my eye intact! lol

And finally thank you so much for the offer, but im in the UK, Worcester in the WestMidlands if I could make it to your group I would, you lot sound amazing in just the few comments/gist of what your saying a-las I think Im destined to a life of solo- PoGO- playing! :frowning:

5: They are jealous of how rich Niantic is​:rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you use @(username) then the person will get a notification to tell that you mentioned them

2 Likes

Niantic gets hate because.they showed trading in their video and it wasn’t added until 2018.

" @Mapman42 " Thank you, didn’t know this was thing so thanks for bringing it up! :wink:

1 Like

@JoshHack if you mean what I think then Amen to that, couldn’t agree more!

“this game does have an exceptionally toxic player-base, especially when it comes to the TOS”

However, what do you actually mean by this mate? Would love you to explain!

If its what Im thinking it is, then most defiantly!

I mean spoofers, botters, those legit players that hate everyone, the whole package. I’ve encountered mean spoofers and even meaner legit players, something about this game brings out the worst in some people

2 Likes

Becouse people expect too much

2 Likes

Dude, that recovery is inspiring. Add me on Pokemon go and I’ll make sure you get some gifts!!

2 Likes

You mind divulging about how they been so nasty? I’m quite keen to follow up on the original video and these reasons sound much more legit than the options I originally put out there.

I have been bullied, both in-person and cyber as well, over what is the “correct” way to play the game and the TOS. I was also banned from all the main Pokemon Go Discord servers in the UK because another player reported me for spoofing when i hadn’t, it’s all a mess really

5 Likes

@artistmarkflynn well I wont go in to much about my accident and what not (you can reach out to me on either twitter or Insta @mattyjjenkins if you actually wanted to no more) as for the group and the ‘nasty’ bits (I feel childish just referring to it like that!) but Ill they to explain it better!
OK so Im a 35 year old guy and to be fair pre accident was fiercely independent (left home at 16) and fairly outspoken, the thought of being in the position I was May 2015, needing aid to dress, wash, literally unable to do anything Is something I never thought would be!
The group is very, well, clicky I think in the Worcester FaceBook Raid group there 210 members, all from Worcester city, maybe the odd few from neighbouring towns (Droitwich, Malvern, Upton) I started playing daily March 21st this year, Id download it day one but from launch until the 21/3 Id put about an hour in. The end of March I heard about the FaceBook group and tried to join it wasn’t until the first week of July I was excepted even after asking people repeatedly at raids! Now Im In the group but when ever I ask anything anything at all Im just ignored, totally blanked I may answer a question or want a question answered and ill either be ignored and somebody else will ask the same question, will be the comment after me in the chat history but get it answered straight away by multiple people! :frowning:
as for raids Ill watch in the FBchat and go to raids that meets have been planed at and there’ll be a group of people laughing and talking and ill walk over (and this sounds a bit comical, almost movie like, but its exactly how it is and kinder hurts tbf) and the chatting stops a few comments are shared and almost like one the group kinder slowly moves to the left or right but away from me, then when theres a 2/3 persons distance between me and them chat and laughter starts again!
Other raids will have been arranged and ill try and get to them (the wife helps a lot, helps me get around etc) Friday was a classic the was an EX that id had the invite to from Niantic for a week or so, went to it and again totally ignored, the group was talking between there-selves, laughing and joking somebody was like “OK then everyone in, lets start!” people went in and it was a privet lobby, asked for the code, but no answer… so no MewTwo for me!
It stems from the accident, I mean I dont sound normal per-say and this sounds really horrible but with my balance and coordination, I literally look like Ive had a few beers, so that light wobbly of balance if that makes sense, so can understand why they were a bit iffy at first but alls been explained now and there still mean!
Theres other bits and pieces but if I dont sound like a ‘super moaner’ with this lot I will after!
Hopefully that explains a bit, and as for the game as I said before, gunna fall in love with the GameBoy and DS games again! :wink:

1 Like

Were about are you in the UK mate?

And its strange what PoGO seems to do to sum people! Its nuts!

1 Like

I’m a 42 year old Dad who only plays this game because my 10 year old wanted to play two years ago. Now we both play because he got his own phone last Christmas. Finally got on Discord at same time and we do Legendary Raids on my days off work. I’ve been happy with the game so far and not sure why people hate on it. I like getting the new updates every once in a while. Keeps the game fresh.

2 Likes

How do you get your legendaries then?

Server crashes and PTC account lock outs from game.
Reduction in coins making upgrading space and purchase of in game play items take a long time to earn.
The feel of forcing people to use real money to do the above.
Incomplete Gen releases.
Lack of useful variety for Gym Defence.
Gyms able to be immediately battled after dropping something in promotes a toxic element.

1 Like

I wait until i go into London every 2 weeks, then i do 5-10 raids in a day to make up for it

2 Likes

I live near London, don’t want to say too much for privacy reasons

1 Like

Naw man you’ll find a group have you tried looking on Facebook for groups I know here in Seguin Texas there’s a group that has a lot of disabled people in it again not trying to say you are but there’s group like that here and the round so it might be something worth looking into or not trying to start a war on the Hub but maybe there’s some spoofers that can help you again not trying to start a war or you can just move to Texas where the best state will help you out dude

1 Like

@bobbyjack8 thats awesome so were you a Pokemon virgin at the beginning per-say or did your little one introduce you to the Mon world or a fan previously?

@Pokemon my Sister is quiet a big fan she lives so far away so playing together isn’t possible.
At the beginning of my recovery I would ask her to log-in to my account on her spare phone and take my account round with her while she played her account at the same time.

@JoshHack Londons a pretty big place so running in to you I think would be pretty rare but I get what your saying!
Playing GO in the capital must be awesome, so many people huge raid groups! well that how im imagining it! lol

2Cup - Dont apologies mate, the ‘disability thing and talking/mentioning it’ I totally get!’
Ive thought of many different ways I could play/mix with people but other than doing things many people would disagree with Im at a lose!

I so wish Texas wasn’t so far away, would love to experience a comunity-day gathering, see it online every month and always think ‘wonder what it was like?’

2 Likes