General Chat - Who do you drop in gyms

Right now I’m cleaning out my Pokedex. I’m at the 1500 limit but the Monsters I have saved are all good specimens. So I let them go out in a blaze of glory defending gyms.

1 Like

Depends Shinies mostly Shiny aggron, shiny dragonite, etc. sometimes randoms like blissey, snorlax, Tyranitar, etc.

1 Like

Today was a bunch of Larvitars.

1 Like

Cant even drop mine, its always a race to drop newest community day.

1 Like

Whatever high CP pokemon I got, usually Slaking

2 Likes

Today i got my coins before noon.

Dropped
Tyranitar 3512
snorlax 3019
blissy 2989

1 Like

Still some Blissey’s or throw aways that were caught.
I don’t engage in the look at my Shiny I got on Community Day.

1 Like

I usually only drop mons that I call “one-time-Pokémon”… That are mons of about 1400 CP and up (either caught or evolved during a Lucky Egg) that I’d transfer anyway but are just too good to go without serving a purpose. I Add a dot at the start of the name and when it’s time to drop a mon into a gym I sort the storage by name and get my one-time-Pokémon on top.
When they return they are getting transferred right away. I always keep 10-20 of them in my storage.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention… Of course, when it’s clear that the gym has some kind of theme (only Eeveelutions, etc.) I try to follow this theme, even when I have to use a Pokémon that I can’t just transfer after it returns. I’m not a combo breaker :wink:

1 Like

As there’s only a couple of gyms close to where I live I tend to put high CP mons in as I will normally be able to hold the gym down for some time (36 hours and counting on my Gardevoir, 13 hours and counting on my Gyarados)

1 Like

After doing a heap of evolve 2 Sheller Quests I have a heap of Cloyster that will be having a 1 time stay in Gyms. The Lapras once caught will be put to the same use.

1 Like

Currently dropping Ssssseviper!

1 Like

Shiny Ampharos is one of my favourite gym defenders too.

My top defenders are Tyranitar, Gyarados, shiny/normal Ampharos, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Alakazam, Lapras, shiny/normal Hariyama, Starmie, Hypno, Vileplume, Sudowoodo, Electabuzz, shiny/normal Venusaur, shiny/normal Charizard, Victreebel, Lunatone and Bellossom.

Also my starter Pikachu. And a random high CP Machoke I caught.

1 Like

Machamp and Hariyama have been giving me trouble lately. They might be worth leaving if you want to annoy someone.

1 Like

I find them just as easy as everything else with my Maxed out Machamps.
Most Gyms are stacked with Blissey, Chancey and Snorlax. Machamps cut through these quickly. The only thing I find holds Machamp up a bit is when a big Dragonite is thrown into the mix.

1 Like

didnt even get coins today. Gonna overlap to tmrw…:unamused:

2 Likes

I usually don’t get coins, because extremely low gym turnover is a pain

2 Likes

The only time I never got my 50 coins was the last 2 days I was in Jamaica. No gyms on my resort and going into town once, the WiFi was spotty. At least I had Pokestops and caught some Corsola and a Heracross while I was down there. Before I left home, I put monsters in 20 gyms and was able to collect coins on those for 5 days before they were all knocked out.

2 Likes

This is when a return feature makes sense…if there is a low turn over rate then no coins.

If i could of returned my blissy or metagross would of got 50 for friday an 50 today. Instead woke up with only 50

:unamused:

3 Likes

How many gyms do you take?

• depending on day
  • 1 ( not many gyms near me)
  • 2 gyms
  • 6+
  • As many gyms as i want
  • Till i got 50 coins
  • Not many i take till i have the ones i like
  • i dont keep gyms long
  • i go new areas and gym battle for fun
  • Max Gyms, I would take more tho
  • I get 50 coins from 1 gym
  • I get 50 coins from 2 gyms
  • i get 50 coins from 3 gyms
  • I get 50 coins off many gyms

0 voters

1 Like

I chose other in the poll. Half the time I just wildy click on whatever comes up dropping in as I drive by.

1 Like