General Chat - Who do you drop in gyms

It depends. As others have stated, the new gym system makes it pointless to put in a strong pokemon. But, if we are about to raid at the gym, we will put in our strongest and golden razz until raid starts. About 90% of time, though, I will see what is already in the gym and look for a theme–i.e. all shines, all water types, all of a particular color, etc. If I am in a rush or just don’t care, I will dump in a poo poo and keep trucking. Once, I solo-ed over 30 T3 raids (was farming for rare candy) in 3 days so collected way more golden razz than I needed. I used them to keep one gym fully motivated for a week. It was fun.

1 Like

What are some reasoning you drop the Mon you drop

• CP
  • Weather
  • Theme
  • Coin
  • Other explain reasoning

0 voters

1 Like

I have a collection of 3K and big 2K Blissey I leave in quick turn over Gyms in order to hopefully ward off immediate attack from low level players. Every extra hr to help get these Gold helps as they are long Grind Gyms.
Apart from those it’s just the crap evolutions I catch dump and transfer upon return. At the moment I have around 12-15 Tyranitars from chasing T4 Raids I’m trashing in this manner.

2 Likes

I got almost no potions so i drop my mass evolves or other weak stuff

2 Likes

I don’t really care what I put in

3 Likes

Other: cause i want to defend it an extended period of time for EX-raid or to get it gold.

1 Like

Dropping event pokemon.

Shiny charizard. Expect alot of Shiny Tyranitar’s next month.

1 Like

I usually just like putting unique Pokémon in gyms. Shiny, rarer, whatever it may be. Unless it’s Blissey it kind of doesn’t matter gameplay wise who you put in.

3 Likes

I clean out my Pokedex putting stuff in gyms that I don’t have to bother healing up. Now I also always follow the theme that my team starts (Shiny or Eevelution). I also put Blissey, Snorlax, Slaking, or Aggron in to reinforce a pre-existing gym.

1 Like

A lot of the time, I put in my Aggrons because I hate how they always pop-up in my set-up at raids or battling.

2 Likes

I effing hate how Aggron gets put in first to attack gyms. So I put them in first too.

2 Likes

I always let Aggron died. I never revive it.

2 Likes

That’s actually a good idea…think I’ll steal that lol

2 Likes

No. I still keep my Aggrons. They are still good gym defenders.

2 Likes

Just recently I started leaving my shinnies in Gyms, Right now I have a shiny Omastar with CP of 2180 in one Gym, a shiny Charmeleon with CP 621 in another and a shiny Ampharos with 792 CP in another. Now I am looking for Gyms to drop off or take over with my shinnies Raichu with CP 1700 and Venusaur with CP 1364.

1 Like

I drop in gyms whatever pokemon comes on my screen for sale

2 Likes

No sort I ment first

2 Likes

Blissey!!

1 Like

Lately been droping my shiny charizard cause if there isnt a charizard in a valor gym is it really a valor gym?

But i do like seeing Shiny Charizard at the end of the squad so you can see it on the gym hovering.

1 Like

Whenever I see a shiny in a gym I knock it out and put a better shiny in!

3 Likes