What rules do you have for keeping Pokémon?

What rules do you have for keeping your Pokemon

I have no rules, as long as it serves some purpose for me i’ll keep it

100% IV or just the good ones for attacking/defending.

At least one from every species (some balance between highest CP and best IV), except my Defenders and Fighters or ultra rare Pokémon.

One of each, all 100s, all shiny (only 3 all are magicarp/gyrados) and some that I think are funny (420 bayleef, 666 sableye). I also still have my starter charmander…won’t ever get rid of him. I finally started culling my herd of legendaries

One of every final evolution, anything with good IVs (over 80% I’ll “favourite” it), all 100 IVs, all shinies, all legendaries. Then if they have a place as an attacker or defender I’ll keep all of them for powering up

If I don’t use them in Gym Battles or Raids, ill keep 3 of final evolution. If i do, ill keep a few more.

Personal rule is 96% or often higher IVs. The exception to this are legendary Pokémon or Pokémon like tyranitar who are useful for raiding.
I also keep interesting Pokémon from my travels so either good IVs, first catch of a species or evolved forms.

I have a very difficult time transferring Pokémon I may not get another chance to catch. This is why I’ve never transferred a farfetch’d or legendary and I keep way too many event pikachu

1 Like

I used to keep the final evolution of every Pokémon, but back then I thought that they all may be usefull sometime and, unfortunately, did spend some dust on some of them. Then I used them on an easy raid and got utterly destroyed as soon as raids came about.

The regret for that made me transfer a lot of Pokémon. Nowadays I only keep Pokémon I need to evolve for the Dex (and I transfer them as soon as they evolve) and the ones whose max CP is higher than 2500 and have high IVs and good moves. Even so, I haven’t powered up a Pokémon in a long time.

I will consider transferring a 90% IV if I have that same Pokémon with a higher IV. Since powering Pokémon up is important to make them the strongest they can be no point in saving the weaker IVs.

I like to have at least one of everything, so I have some laughably low cp mons that I am hanging on to. I got over transferring event Pikachu last month. :wink:

1 Like

It’s not like I transfer everything that’s not 90s. Example: if I have two machamps and one has 93 and the other 96 plus both are around the same cp then I’ll get rid of it. Not cuz I don’t want it but because I have so many doubles already I’d rather stock up on legendaries and other tanks without maxing out my storage for every one I hold on too.

One of the big rules I have is they get transferred if they got kicked out of a gym. At least I get some work out of them getting me coins before I just transfer them.