What legendary or legendaries are coming next?

Answer the title!
I think shiny Groudon or Raquaza (or both!)!!!

2 Likes

I think that too

1 Like

Very doubtfully both, as that could cause too much friction for those trying to find Shinies.

Now, either one of these, is a possibility, but with how these Legendaries from Sinnoh have been, it’s been completely unpredictable how they’re going to choose. It could be one of the Lake Trio, Dialga, Palkia or Regigigas. There hasn’t been a pattern for the Gen 4 release of Legendaries, so who knows? We’ll find out next week.

1 Like

Once they start Lake Trio, then you know what next 3 months will be.

I’m still hoping for Rayquaza

Dialga or palkia

1 Like

TRASH

2 Likes

Hope that too

Azelf is good

2 Likes

Uxie is better imo

Dialga/Palkia
or Arceus (yes I know its mythical, but I still want it.)

It’s probably going to be a bit like the Titans over the summer, but at least we won’t have to worry too much about type coverage, and at most two of them people want since Mesprit and Azelf are either good or great Psychic-type additions.

I relate. People often scoff when I use Regice in Raids, but then they get mad when my team is still surviving while they’re scrambling to get another team together. Balancing a team with high DPS and high TDO does wonders.

Regice has bad DPS though

1 Like

Duh, but that wasn’t what I was going for. Reread what I wrote: I balance teams with high DPS and high TDO. Regics has MASSIVE TDO. I do this in part to conserve Revives as well as maintaining type effectiveness. I start with high DPS and then finish with high TDO while conserving type effectiveness. For the most part, I’ve managed to stay in every single fight. Ever since I’ve adopted that system, I’ve only fainted out against Mewtwo during the Ultra Bonus Unlock event, which is VERY difficult to build teams for since his movesets are so devastating.

For bosses like Rayquaza, Regice has a DPS of 28.96 while maintaning a TDO of 663.3 against Dragon Tail/Outrage, according to GamePress. Regice acts as an anchor towards the end of the team’s life. Should Rayquaza return, I plan to start with Weavile and Mamoswine, while ending with Lapras and Regice. I get the 2.56x Ice effectiveness throughout the battle, and very likely don’t have to worry about resuscitation or putting in a subpar recommended team. Regice has his place, but most people don’t know how to use him because they’re often stuck on DPS-only, which mainly creates teams of glass cannons, minus some exceptions. Glass cannons have their place as well, but they must be counterbalanced with tanks. It’s the smart way to approach combat scenarios.

Groudon and Rayquaza shinies are up next. For an actual legendary event.

1 Like

You say that so certainly, although I would admit that would be totally rad. It would be the first time I’d be facing either one of these Legendaries with actually-prepared teams. I just had to wing it back then because I was a level 36 and was easily intimidated with small raid parties. I also hadn’t leveled up my Pokemon at the time that much, or I leveled up the wrong ones.

That being said, I do hope that the next round of evolutions for Gen 4 come out by then. There are a few contenders in that group I would love to use against either Groudon or Rayquaza.

Niantic kind of forgot to bring them after Kyorge.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so quick to say that. Kyogre was a natural choice for the Water Festival in 2018. The only other choice was Suicune, and Kyogre has the more popular Shiny. Who doesn’t want a purple whale that can wreck everything? Plus, there were still the three final Hoenn Legendaries to go through.

Groudon and Kyogre are harder to fit into the events, as there hasn’t been a Ground-themed event (although Earth Day is arguably a great time to do it) and Rayquaza is a Dragon-type. As much as we would LOVE to have a Dragon-type event, I don’t think it’s practical at the time being since there are only…two Dragon families at the moment, and only three other families that eventually become Dragons, like Altaria, Flygon and Kingdra. I can see them doing a Dragon-type event once Gen 5 is released since Unova has a much higher count of Dragon-types, but right now doesn’t seem all that practical, especially since Dratini is already Shiny, and Bagon is likely to be Shiny within the coming months.

That all being said, having Groudon or Rayquaza coming back for a couple weeks–that seems to be the usual time like Lugia, Kyogre and Ho-Oh–would be extremely welcome, and a fantastic opportunity for me to try out some new Pokemon.

1 Like

There doesn’t need to be a festival for Groudon or Rayquaza they can simply just do it. i’ll definitely need a shiny Ray.