Thoughts on Halloween Event 2018

With a bit of luck, I can finish part one in my upcomming nightshift.

1 Like

Sure, for us passionate players… But let’s be honest, when the event is over there will be players yelling they weren’t able to do it…
But I guess as long it has been started within the event, you can finish it whenever you want…

1 Like

two weeks is enough for approximetly 216 Pokemon, I got the first quest done in like 70 minutes

I thought the Spiritomb quest was a nice touch, but also a nice spoiler. Could’ve kept it a secret…we would hope for something like Darkrai, but Niantic tricked us and gave Spiritomb. I’ve managed to complete the first quest on a little more than 3hrs, so I’m taking today to lazy out on the second quest…I’ll get it done by the weekend.

2x Candy on caught is definitely a incomplete idea for the event. But what bothered me the most was seeing the “Mismagius hat”, but when we caught a Misdreavus, where’s the evolution? They definitely dropped the ball on this one. Only 5~ new Gen IV Pokemon. That’s not much, but I’m also happy that we got Giratina. I was afraid of Shiny Groudon or Shiny Rayquaza…they’re nice, but not now.

I never said that I don’t agree, I just know that people always complain, no matter what :wink:

I wasn’t able to play a lot since it started (10pm here yesterday, work today,…), but I’m halfway done without rushing, so yes, it’s easily doable. But not if you just go for a short walk once a week…

3 Likes

Like me :scream:

1 Like

Everyone plays differently.

Some can get things done asap. Some are casual. THEN some are haters who expected that their doing “something” better than others and when they learn they are far from the top get mad.

I personally came to the HUB, to see all top tier trainers posting and getting things done and get all the tips and tricks.

This event was the most fun to me cause it included not only Pokemon and Raids but also the quest. We need more of these, packages.

• More pokemon with new raids and quest. Well done Niantic.
2 Likes

My thoughts:

The event has only just started. Given the stuff in the shop, i would be surprised (and disappointed) if Mismagius and Honchkrow didnt appear in the second half or at the end of the event.

Special Research Questline is nice. I’m glad it’s not a quick one (for the average casual player). The choice of Pokemon was surprising but clever. It would have been too soon for mythical/legendary Gen4.

My only irritation is no double candy for hatches and no new loading screen.

Darkrai pre-release next Halloween? Party Wurmple Special quests for New Year?

1 Like

Not even started nightshift, but got part 1 done already. :grin:

1 Like

I hate that Niantic refuses to give us Pokemon storage upgrade like they promised. It’s really idiotic of them.

3 Likes

Yes this is frustrating.

2 Likes

Yeah I have 1500 slots and still need more.

2 Likes

Im at the opposite end, I want more Pokemon lol

2 Likes

Only part 1 needs to be accepted before 1PM PDT of November, 1.
The ones that don´t accept it, the special quest will be gone and returns next year. The ones that accepted it, it will stay and you can go until the end anytime you can.

2 Likes

Of course you can’t please everybody. The two things I find disappointing is the near total lack of star pieces in the store, and the significantly increased consumption rate of pokeballs, more from a lower capture rate than a higher spawn rate.

Since the friend / gift feature launched my bag had maintained about 260/80/60 for balls. Since Beldum day that’s been closer to 100/50/35.

As for the quest – catching over 120 pokemon with berries seems like it should take me at least a few days (unlike Mister Heineken, who took only one day!)

My level 39 trainer could really use another 1000 for pokemon and another 1000 for items. I wrote algorithms to make maximally efficient use of space for loading cargo planes for my job some years ago; but I’d like the leeway to be a little less careful with my PoGo storage…

1 Like

Just 42 Pokémon to go and then I’m done with part 2 of the special research :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have over 200 more Pokémon’s to catch

Just went in to town, was short on supply’s :joy:
And the boss “pays” my Pokémon hunt. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like