Thoughts on Fire and Ice event

Because I’ve been playing more due to the rare Pokemon and the triple XP, I have been getting almost as much XP in one day that I usually get in a week.

1 Like

Dude. Got my first good swinub last night. Hp and Def are blown away…CP 10. HP 10. I have no damn clue what it’s IV is (you can’t calculate that low. It’s the absolute bottom of the arc and literally all IVs can sit there).

1 Like

Got my Typhlosion this morning. CP 2205 w/ Ember and Solar Beam. This event is officially a success for me.

2 Likes

Me and my boyfriend both got the same move set as you did . Was it evolved??

No, I got enough candy to evolve my strongest Cyndiquil. I don’t use any of the 3rd party sites to learn IVs or anything so I just go off CP.

Just like when we had the event with the increased spawn rate of the starters, I’m out of Ultra Balls and my berry supply is dangerously low.

The gym rework is not going to be so good

One down. Now to get my old ice types :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I became Iceman today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jaja, it seems you have to change your names.Firegirl and Iceman

2 Likes

Bad IV and moveset but my first in the wild!

2 Likes

More then halfway through I can give my newer thoughts.

This is definitely up there for favorite promos so far. In terms of creature pool - what there actually is to catch - this is the absolute number 1 best, period. Arguments could be made on the perks, but the XP boosts are actually showing to be pretty decent.

For sunny Cali, I was greatful to see the ice guys. One wild lapras. And bunches of swinub. Just a lot of refreshing trips out to catch. But for fire guys, is there such a thing as too many cyndiquil? I didn’t think so, but this one guys lures…my god. Anyways, cranking a 96, and 5 other stock evos I’m up to. Charizard just got outta control a while ago. Two maxed is fine for now and the spillover…

I like the perks being tied to taking the time to get good at the core mechanic of the game: catching. Pro players experienced a very close triple XP event purity. Oh wait…hatching is 5x XP. That makes up for stuff. Yeah, screw that. This was a triple XP event, straight up.

Loving it. Don’t want it to end, but itching to try the new gyms and raids.

2 Likes