The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

For this reason I not even started…

Since the game has been updated to the latest version, the game would go dark if you don’t interact with it for a while, this never happened before

1 Like

I think it’s only an Andriod thing?

It did that to me before (even when I had my screen set to no timeout) - but now it seems to time out far more quickly. Fits with having the speaker emit a tone when I take a picture of my buddy, even though I have the phone set to vibrate mode.

(Having a computer not do something that I tell it to do is even more annoying than having it automatically do something that I wish it wouldn’t.)

1 Like

Something happened to Calcy since the last actualization. Before I had allways two screens for to change the buddyname, now there’s only one screen, but the pasting function doesn’t work.
Anybody with the same problem?

Similar with Poke Genie. Clicking on the name opens one field-edit popup with the cursor set at the end (when it used to open two popups with the whole text selected. Positioning the cursor in the middle of the text is hard; and even when I can, whatever I type goes at the end of the string, not where the cursor was positioned.

The changes eliminate the frequent mistake of typing the IV without de-selecting the text first. But that was easier to work around than the present mess. There simply is no way to INSERT text in the middle of the name (nor to remove characters from the middle of the name). Removing ANY characters requires backspacing from the end of the string (then retyping the end, if I was trying to remove from the middle) – while not a total show-stopper, it is rather tedious compared to the previous behavior.

Looks like they’ve stuffed the keyboards on a lot of things with recent updates on iOS and Android.

Since the update, whenever I want to change the name of the Pokémon, the cursor is always at the back and it does not allow me to move it to the middle or the front of the Pokémon name. So if I want to insert some characters at the front, I have to delete the whole Pokémon name, and retype the whole thing after I type whatever at the front

2 Likes

My dad and I have the same phone, but his game stops working and isn’t able to reload the second he taps on our nearby gym. So then we still walk but I’m the only one who can play

Game still won’t give me a 100% one :confounded:

You could always ended up like the most of us

2 Likes

I got my first Meltan Box last Saturday and almost got 500 Candies from it. (Yes, I Pinapped every single Meltan.)

2 Likes

I learned just 2-3 weeks ago about Box… If not for virus I would have asked around if anyone has switch… well I gathered 250 candies from feeding candies in gyms. Less than a year and I should be able to get my missing dex entry :slight_smile:

I still Pinap all my Meltan :grinning:

I finally got a small enough Meltan with nearly the perfect IV spread for PvP Great League the other night. Not evolved yet and will get 2 moves.
I’ve traded 2-3 evolved Melmetal to other family members too.

2 Likes

Is it only me?..
After app update last night - Pokeball Pluss stopped working completely.
Looks like diabled by game

Not same device but My Go Plus is working fine and I only updated 2hrs ago.

Got more to add on above now.
Mrs Kangas Go Plus will not connect tonight after update.
She’s on Andriod and I’m on iPhone.
I can’t even get the icon to disappear off her screen to try and re-pair device.
Looks like they stuffed Andriod?

many reports have come in that the new update screws with the Go Plus on android.
I’ve got 12 hours of Safari zone on sunday and i really need the Plus to work, so no update for me:)

If your intention is to wait to update, good luck. I seem to be totally at Niantic’s mercy when it comes to update timing – they decide there’s an update, and I can choose whether to update or not to play.

Which versions (of Android and PoGo) do you have? I updated a couple of days ago and the only problem with PoGoPlus-type device that I’ve seen was solved with a new pair of AAA batteries.