The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

For example:
I call my Snivy pokemon: Snivy EEE - to mark its rating (14/14/14) - I have some other Snivys called ADF, EFB etc.
In the end I decide to evolve Snivy EEE into Serperior - but after evolving its name is still Snivy EEE.
What I usually did was to clear the name - and it went back to default - Serperior.
Now when I clear the name nothing happens - it is like I pressed cancel.

1 Like

Oh, I have understood it. But I remember that this happened allways, not only since one of the last actualizations.

I realised this a while back when I switched between languages. I evolved my shiny Eevee into Umbreon using the nickname method, then changed the name back to Umbreon, change the game language to Japanese, and I see it’s the only one that retains its English name. So the nickname system can’t revert back to default coding name. That’s why I don’t bother nicknaming them anymore.

It must be something new… I am using XXX coding method all the time - and I just noticed this week that I cannot get correct name after evolving… hope they will revert it back soon.

2 Likes

So… today I finished ‘catch pokemon 30 days in a row’…
Great
Most of the other tasks are done but…
Still catching 3 types:
dark 17/30
ice 12/30
dragon 8/30
the real problem are dragons - as there was not a single wild catch there - 5 raids and 3 weekly breakthroughs…
I just checked totals… I caught 55,862 pokemon so far - only 555 dragons…(1%) and I bet most of them during community day - so probably 0.1% are actual wild catches…
I wonder if I manage to get those 22 this year… unless there will be another community day featuring them.

2 Likes

I just finished that task last week. Just wait. The next stage is better.

I have the same trouble, all but only 15/30 dragons… seems they are the filter to slow down the amount of shiny mews. :skull_and_crossbones:

I was able to complete the Ice type task by using Glacial Lure twice yesterday. That was a relief, since the last time I used a Glacial Lure, only 2 Ice types spawned. (This time 2 lures spawned 8 Ice types…) Now if only there was a way to coax the game to spawn Dark types, of which I still need 20.

I was luckky enough to have continouisly spawns of dark type, but no chance to get the dragons.

That’s the problem :slight_smile: looks like I will need to wait for 4-8 months to see next stage :rofl:

No time limit so you can take as long as you want

Thankfully I’ve completed the the whole thing and have my Blue Mew.
I’m catching a wild Dragon (Gible or Bagon/Shelgon) roughly every 2 days over the last 2 weeks so they are out there.

Without events, I do see some Dragon types out there. However at the moment there are so many events that I am struggling to get the final two Dragon types I need for the second stage.

I got 5 dragons from investigations and 10 from the wild, but the last catch is at least 2 weeks old, from there on nothing.

I’ve watched my “nearby” mostly-filled with those Binacles since this dumb event started, but nothing I try seems to bring any spawns near enough to catch. (And I probably won’t be able to get away with sneaking out to chase one of those that I see spawning a few blocks away, at least not during the event.)

Is there some tried-and-true way to get one of those? I refuse to blow a remote raid pass to get one. I’m already squandering those passes to finish my all-in-one “catch 30 Dark-type” task, after a week without seeing a single Dark type anywhere.

One of the rewards of the temporary investigation (Stage 3, using an incense) is a Binacle.
I have reached there without problems from home.

Apart this, seems you have bad luck, I caught 4 Binacle until now inside my house.

1 Like

I guess it’s just stubbornness that stops me from wasting a remote pass to raid one, considering that it’s nearly as wasteful to dump lures and incense in the vain effort to coax one to spawn within reach. I might as well raid the dumb thing. :frowning_face:

If I don’t reach stage 3 for that task, I’ll raid it.

But at least the incense in this investigation gives two (or more) things. One is the guaranteed Binacle, another it brings you nearer to get 60 Megaenergy for Venusaur, and maybe some other interesting poke around…

1 Like

Of course, Murphy’s Laws are in force today… I got to Stage 3, popped an incense, and it completed the task. But before I could use the reward to get the Binacle encounter, one spawned right next to my trainer. Now, after I used that reward, I have two on my main. ‘Problem’ solved… :blush:

1 Like

Community Day!?! Swablu?!?

What a load of :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:G
S :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:!!!

Gonna stay in bed all day - catch up on some :zzz: