The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

advice, use the raid apps (there are at least 2 good ones. These are players with dedicated lobbies of 1 + 5 invites. No one will leave there.
If people send YOLO invites (i do those 2), and something happens with the group and they have to restart, the invitee gets screwed. Chances are nil that happens via the apps.

I’ve caused this once. Send a YOLO invite to some players due to low attance at raid, 1 of them joined, group had to restart, but i didn’t re-invite that person back. Pass gone. It happens. It’s the risk of remote raiding. Same as making deals that someone will invite you, and some randoms join remotely and get the max 10 remote players before you can join. Riad missed. Risk of remote raiding…
It’s all about communication here. If you can’t comminucate with the team, risks increase.

Use raidapp, or just don’t remote raid if you can’t take the risk.

Similar thing happened to me this arvo, except when I left the battle, I saw those four other players in the queue with me under the current raid battle timer. It was like everybody else was a ghost in the arena and the counter only saw me as the only one.
What I usually do if I’ve been left out to dry is get out of the raid and wait in the lobby for new players, sort of a last ditch effort to not let that pass go to waste.

I’m not sure how that works? If you get out of the Raid the only your in the continuation Lobby. If you quit that you have no way of getting back into any new Lobby for that Raid unless invited again.

When you are lobby, you can see the number of players in lobby. When you are at the raid battle scene, you can see the number of players at raid, it’s right beneath the counting down raid timer.

Ah sorry, I meant that for raids that you can enter normally, not the invited raids. I’ve never been invited to a raid myself.

I know, but it kept saying six even though there were definitely not six people in. Most of the time it seems to glitch and shows random people in it. Also it doesn’t seem to update a lot. Maybe I should contact Niantic about it as it is really disturbing.

Not that you’ve seen the notifications for as I’ve invited you to a few now including 1 only 2hrs ago.

Really sorry about that. I saw it that last time and tried to join, but I couldn’t get into the lobby, it just froze after I saw my raid pass flying off to Landorus.

No need to be sorry or worry if there will be enough to get a Raid done when I send invites. I always have the firepower to get any Raid done.

1 Like

Good grief… yet another mediocre Tornadus. Virtually all of the 60 I’ve seen have clustered between 76 and 84 IV. And only about 1 in 30 for shinies.

So far, the three Cloud Clowns have been nothing more than a way of using remote raid passes to exchange money for dust and candy. (And another way for Niantic to extend the wait for Black Kyurem.)

Edit: 82 … 78 … Hey, cool – a 73! (:roll_eyes: at least it’s something different)
Later: 80 … 78 … 87 … 82 … 87 … 89! Phew, that’s enough for today.

Those IV numbers are what I see constantly for everything that’s half worth having. It really dampens the enthusiasm to do many Raids at all. At least you seeing some Shiny.
We are 0 for any Shiny from the Cloud Clowns across the family accts.

2 Likes

Going back to Beldum community day, didn’t catch a really good IV one or a shiny. And I used three incense. I probably would’ve found one if I used more than one incense but…

I did find a 0 IV one but sighs and hunts for shiny Electrike

I not even noticed that the event was there… the system how to inform us is not very effective. There are so many events that I loose the counting…

Instead of notifications a week before, maybe something like a list with dates and the posibility to click and receive detailed information would be better

1 Like

@AlphaSnowdust You’ll like this one then.
I played the Beldum day for the full 6 hours with Incense going the whole time while walking around a Golf course minus a few minutes here and there reconnecting the Gotcha as it seemed to stop every 15-20min.
I got 0 Shiny and 0 IV above 93%
The Wife put 1 Incense on and played for 90min at home and got 2 Shiny.

1 Like

Tip: there are apps for this stuff.
I personally use Go Field Guide. It has everything, including event calender. If you check the event it also shows all the highlights of what you can get.
Silph road also has an app but i don’t use that so no idea what they got.

1 Like

Aren’t Glacial Lures supposed to enhance the spawning of Ice type Pokémon?

I had hoped for more than 3 and 4 from the two Glacial Lures I just used. Good grief.

1 Like

It attracts both ice and water type pokemon

Yes. When I was trying to get Ice-types for the Mew Challenge I put on a Glacial Lure and I only got 3-4 Spheal, nothing else. The other spawns were mostly a bunch of random things, not even Water types.

1 Like

Plenty of complaints about the poor drops when using the special type Lures atm. Niantic have changed something there for the worse (surprise). It’s very poor as some players are paying for these items only to be ripped off by the drops atm.

1 Like

How wonderful it is to squander half a million Stardust on purifications that I don’t want, just to go from 44 to 45. :sob: Having to do over a hundred TGR fights in the first place left me scowling and growling for days…

3 Likes