The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

Seeing Reshiram flee after over a dozen golden-raspberried excellent throws in a row gets pretty bleeping old after about the 5th time it happens.

1 Like

It’s been more than a month since I nominated a playground in Wayfarer and it’s still in voting! :angry: What’s wrong with the system? It used to be so much better. Playgrounds used to get accepted after 2 or 3 days. If there are fewer people reviewing, then Niantic should make some changes, give some rewards for reviewing, make it easier for nominations to get accepted (e.g. if your nomination has to get 50 5-star ratings to get accepted, make that number lower).

1 Like

Same here. Some got rejected, some don’t do anything and they should all have been accepted.

It’s been eight days since and another playground got rejected which I nominated a week or five ago. Next time I’m going to write out what the reviewers need to do. Perhaps it’ll help but I’m pretty sure that’ll be even more work for nothing.

1 Like

Frequently an attempt to buy an item in the shop or to spin a pokéstop hits a bag-full obstacle. WHY the hell doesn’t this go to MANAGE ITEMS, the way it does when hitting that condition during gift-opening? (Why do I have to back out step by step, free up bag space, and then go back step by step to where I was when the error hit?) Several times during a raid train I’ve gone into the gym and tried to enter a raid, only to be told I need a pass. But then I have to quit, quit, go into the shop, wait for the pokeclothes ad to show, tap remote-passes, buy, be told I’m out of bag space, quit, quit, quit, go to items, delete, delete, delete, quit, quit, go to shop, wait for clothing ad to display, scroll to passes, buy remote passes, quit, go to gym, and finally enter lobby. At which point I have found the lobby full on some occasions or already missed the start of the raid because it takes so many steps to get a pass. Good f’n grief.

Was this programmed in the 1960’s (before the systematic use of subroutines became common)? Or the 21st century?

It’s as embarrassing as having a web service barf over a line being long enough to require splitting, and not splitting the line, itself. Basic Programming 101 stuff. :roll_eyes:

20 Zekrom raids so far and just like every other Legenday I’ve done a few of I just continue to get same 82-89% rubbish with a random low 90% thrown in to taunt me.
In that time one of the kids accts has a 100%, 98% and a 96%. The wife also has a 98% and a couple of 93%.

OMG i so know that feeling.
I have done over 1800 legendary raids in total and just under 1000 normal raids.
After all those legendary raids i can proudly say i only have 5 (!!) hundo’s, one of them even being a shiny lucky trade, so not even caught by myself.
With these stats it really hurts to do a raid, and then have some casual ask “what’s 100%?” and then them actually getting one. I’ve seen players getting MULTIPLE (3) hundo legendaries in 1 day. Just for once, let that be me!
As for recent raids: no good reshiram, no good Zekrom for me yet. Also lucky traded 4 reshiram, all trash.

Also, since it kind of related: don’t even get me started on shinies from raids and casuals getting them more.

1 Like

Did one raid with dinner hour yesterday, just because i don’t want to use paid passes since a) they can’t be shiny, b) i get trash IV no matter what.
stuck around with the group for socializing, did a lucky Zekrom mirror trade, didn’t even break 90% IV. This kind of luck is really killing the mood for raiding.

My whinge yesterday must have paid off although at one stage it had turned to rage for a bit.
3rd Zekrom in Raid hour last night was 2294cp which while not a 100% was the highest one I had seen on my acct then it all turned to crap.
It went like this.
Nanab - curve excellent
GRazz - curve excellent
Nanab - curve excellent
GRazz - curve excellent and while the Ball was coming towards the spinning circle of death appeared.
I waited for a few minutes in hope the game would return back to catch screen.
Nope, suddenly I was outside the Gym.
Death circle gone I re-clicked on Gym to return to catching hopefully.
Nope, game just froze up.
Waited a bit in hope.
Ended up having to shut down App and restart.
Very slow to load back up and once it finally did clicking on the Gym was like I had completed the Raid.
Check collection, no 2294 Zekrom.
Check journal and all I had was the Rewards and no symbol with Zekrom caught or Run.
30min of Raid hour wasted on that Raid and The kettle was truly boiling.
Was almost going to chuck it in through disappointment and make the 40min drive home but stayed and chased T5’s on the non Gold Gyms.
3rd one I had 2297cp.
Not sure how I kept my calm for the 20min it took to catch the thing waiting for the attack sequence every second throw.
18 balls and finally catch on the 17th.
17 throws with 2 Greats and rest Excellent.
Last 5 were all GRazz with rest on the Nanab-GRazz alternate.

2 Likes

This is a very hard experience… I have nothing like this ever, and I hope it will not happen.

Does Niantic force updates in the middle of playing? Or only when you start the app? Did they shove a new version onto you in the middle of a raid catch? (Just trying to understand, not that it can affect in any manner the injustice you described.)

[Although it’s only an ‘injustice’ if you were using your free daily pass. It would qualify to be called an outright ripoff if you used a premium or remote pass.]

1 Like

No forced update, my Game App is all up to date.
Yes it was a Premium Pass so I have been robbed of that.
I did take some screen shots at the time to maybe raise a ticket but in the end just couldn’t be bothered going through the whole process.

1 Like

Since the current Bug Out event started, I hardly see any wild Skorupi, Yanma, Venipede, and Combee are painful to catch as usual.

Here it’s mostly Venipede. And Surskit. And more I already see everyday. The only exception is Dwebble, and I’m honestly quite surprised they made him this common. Knowing Niantic… The rarer ones still hide themselves everywhere.

Edit: Yanma and Anorith aren’t really showing up either, but I see these very regularly as well. I honestly am glad they aren’t everywhere around at the moment.

1 Like

26 Zekrom raids so far, only one is 98% and the rest are all below 90%, even did one lucky Zekrom mirror trade and it turned out to be 82% after trading.

I tried to do a Ho-Oh raid with a remote raid pass. I have 2 accounts and a friend joined me. We were doing fine, but when my friend and my second account’s Pokemon all fainted we couldn’t switch to the next party. I could still play on my main account for several seconds and got Ho-Oh’s HP to red. Then all my Pokemon fainted and I couldn’t switch to the next party. Then we closed the game and when we got in, the Ho-Oh raid was over. :rage: Has this happened to you guys? Should I complain to Niantic, will I get a refund?

Looks like someone else had this issue too.

slika

Today, I wanted to nominate 7 Wayspots in Wayfarer. I nominated 3 and got confirmation emails. But on the 3rd nomination it said there was an error, so I tried again and it went through. But then when I wanted to nominate another Wayspot, I saw that I have only 2 nominations left instead of 4! :rage: Then I nominated one spot and it said in the game that I will soon receive an email about my nomination. But I never got that email and the nomination didn’t appear in Wayfarer web page! :rage: Now I don’t know what to do. I’ve seen that other people reported similar bugs to Niantic, but nothing official was posted by Niantic regarding these issues. The system has been very slow lately, I have nominations in voting for more than 2 weeks and some are still in queue. And now these bugs and I lost my nominations and have to wait for 2 weeks to get new ones. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

isn’t it “wait till one of your applications get’s through, then you get a new one?”
IIRC the 2 weeks is only an indication. If your nominations are stuck in limbo, you’ll never get a new charge.
I’ve never been able to get more then 7 nominations at one moment in…

They really nerf the number of pokeballs from opening gifts alot, no more 5/10/15 balls bundle, the most I got from opening gifts is 4 balls, mostly I got from opening gits are those non practical stickers

2 Likes