The Have Whinge/Vent Thread

Yes, exactly this problem… Well, I am not alone then…

I think you may get screwed over by a forced update for Go Zone @Punica
Let’s hope they can get it sorted quickly.

No idea what version Mrs Kanga is running on either Android or Pokémon Go. She’s an leave on Auto Update person and if she gets a pop up of an update it’s always yes straight away.
The Go Plus light comes on when pressed so it’s sending a signal out.
When trying to unpair the device I did get an error msg to indicated the phone recognises the device.
The issue seems to be when pressing the icon on the game and it not going into that searching for mode to enable connection/activation.

2 Likes

I’ve had the Go Plus low battery icon on my Screen for over 2 weeks. No problem I have spares in both cars.
2 hrs into the Incense Day on the push bike and the Go Plus goes dead. Grab one of the 3 remaining batteries from a 4 pack bought roughly Nov-Dec.
Still won’t work so try a second and it’s the same.
Abandoned running Incense for rest of the day and chased Rocket Stops instead.
Bought a new 4 pack on the way home and tried one of them. Back woking agin.

In case someone else has this also…
Do not try to re-install the game. After that it is simply not possible to add pokeball plus at all.
Waste of time.
We just need to wait for new version on android.

Apparently the update I got last week was not the newest. My PokeballPlus-type device has been completely non-functional with my game since 0.173.0-G got installed on my phone Saturday. The screen icon button for turning it on/off doesn’t even react to being pressed – not even to complain…

Will try some workarounds after lunch; but at this point I don’t have many ideas to try.

No forced update and Safari zone went insanely well. Still had to take timeouts in Goplussing everything because 10 hours of catching = bad for pokemon storage :slight_smile:

It’s disappointing they are taking their time to fix this stuff up on Andriod.

Finally… it is back to normal in 0.173.2…

After last week of running without a ball, today I started looking forward 150 pokemons I will have at the end…
Ball got disconnected 3 min after I started running…
:frowning_face:

Aw, dude – April Fools Day was 3 weeks ago! :cry: We’re still waiting for the fix, then?

My hotspot kept failing to connect yesterday, following an Android system update the night before. I hope it was just a temporary service outage and not another update bug.

And I hope a more durable fix for the Pokéball Plus connect bug is imminent (if not already achieved and in the process of being rolled out).

Edit: 0.173.2-G seems to be working for me, on both my S9 AND my S7. And my hotspot function has returned (even if appears to be a little weaker than before).

I like getting a Spinda quest, but I’m too uncoordinated to make 5 great curves in a row.

1 Like

Been seeing this a lot lately since I’m still working on Spinda quest

2 Likes

Just been on a 3 day Golf Trip out into regional country areas 400+km from home that the Minister of War and finance invited herself and kids along. No real time to be a family holiday but she just had to come to spoil it didn’t she. With Covid relaxed restrictions still in place a lot of tourist stuff is closed so they had stuff all to do while us guys played Golf.
Really annoyed I didn’t get to battle or occupy any of the many Gyms available for the sake of keeping the peace as she cracked it when I bought along all the Pokémon playing stuff (phones, batteries, cables and Raid board)

Reshiram was supposed to start at 1pm today. It’s already an hour later and there are no Reshiram raids, and not even a T5 egg…

Been doing the T5 raids for years, and I don’t recall any boss being late in this fashion. Every time I remember the first new-boss egg showing up just after 1pm, and when that hatched the mayhem ensued.

Did Reshiram show up on time where you are?

Edit: First raid in my usual area started 2:07 (about 15 minutes later than usual for that area). The part of SF where I’m sheltering in place JUST got our first egg, 4 minutes ago – only an hour and 40 minutes late.

Way to kill the new-boss buzz, Niantic. Right in your backyard, too. :weary::rage::roll_eyes::flushed::crazy_face:

Here’s an even bigger buzz-kill: Winning the first raid, seeing this beauty with 16 balls to throw at it, throwing 4 complete misses before I got used to the LONG throw distance, and then watching it flee after landing 12 great throws.
:open_mouth::sob::sob::sob:

After 2 less-glorious raids with less-disastrous results, I had a crappy Bronzor hour… 2 shinies in 120 encounters (3 of the 118 non-shinies fled) edited to correct counts

The ugliness of that afternoon had a happier ending, though. After the Bronzor bummer, there happened to be a T5 egg at the gym right across the street, and a couple of others were kind enough to join me. One of my accounts got a 98 and the other account got a 96. Took a bit of the sting out of losing that hundo…

June 6 addendum: My distress over losing the hundo has gone back to even with my second 98, captured a few minutes ago:

2 Likes

I’m beginning to wonder whether Murphy’s Law got amended locally to stipulate that if the current weather is cloudy, there will be no Timburr raids. I can’t remember the last time we had a weather-boosted Timburr around here (maybe the very first week it was released). :weary::confounded::roll_eyes:

June 6 addendum: Cloudy morning today actually had a Timburr raid available. And although it was only 80 IV, the extra 5 levels are sweet.

Started a lobby and nobody joined by 30 seconds on the countdown. Jumped out, waited a couple of seconds for the countdown to reset and jumped back in (as I’ve done countless times and seen others also do). LOST the pass, and now have to buy another to go back into the same raid.

On the advice of somebody who had the same thing happen to him last night, I went in with a new pass, and found that it didn’t spend the extra pass. So it wasn’t a ripoff; like I thought. But I did still have to buy another pass to get in, even if it didn’t get ‘spent’

I recently read a GOHub article which said that we might soon be able to get our Raid Pass back when we didn’t do the Raid at all. That’d make it a lot easier. I therefore hope it’ll be implemented as soon as possible.

1 Like

Currently the gifts are big icons in list format, it’s very tedious to scroll up and down and send. It could be much easier and faster to send gifts if they are smaller icons in grid format