I am an admin of the PoGo community in Sibiu Romania. Was thinkng that with your help we can gather a list of succesfull anti-spoof actions that can be taken.
I can start with saying that we created a Anti Spoof group and we regularly report profiles every week. how it works is as follows:
- Someone posts on the FB group a profile picture and explanation of the reasons for which the trainer is spoofing with proof and so on.
- We discuss the validity of the reasons.
- If considered a spoofer he is added to a list with known cases.
- Each weekend the group members “pledge” to send individual reports with all the trainer names that we have on the list.
- Some have been reported even 20 weeks in a row.
I can only say that some changes have happened but nothing that we can definetly say : “Yeah this is because of our reports”
Spoofer = person playing games like PoGO or Ingress from a device and faking a GPS location. For example you can sit at a computer playing PokemonGO on a virtual device and use a software that is fakeing your location just to move around. This can also be done on mobile devices by using gps modifing software. This is highly risky and banned by Niantic. I do not encourage anyone to do this this inforamtion is just for educational purposes. Such users are called spoofers and in my opinion are tha main problem with the game at this point.
(I’ll flag the article so in case this is concidered to encourage negative actions please remove it )
Anyone else that has anti spoofer actions in place?