Squirtle Community Day Discussion

To me, this event was hands down the best communtiy day.
5 reasons it was better than others:

1. Massive amounts of players
  2. High shiny rate
  3. High spawn rate
  4. Other pokemon spawned more to ( I will show picture)
  5. FOUR big bonuses, 3x Catch XP, 2x Raid xp, 4x Hatching distance, and 2x hatch xp.
4 Likes

I caught 3 shiny squirtles within 10 minutes of the event… One with sunglasses
Eventually caught three more… in a row!!
Met many players

2 Likes

Caught a strong vaporeon. Alot of pokemon were spawning.

How many shiny squirtle (not wearing sunglasses) did you catch?

• 1-3
  • 4-6
  • 7-9
  • 10-12
  • 13-15
  • 16-18
  • 18-20
  • 21-23
  • 24-26
  • 27-29
  • 30+

0 voters

1 Like

How many shiny squirtle (wearing sunglasses) did you catch?

• 1-3
  • 4-6
  • 7-9
  • 10-12
  • 13-15
  • 16-18
  • 18-20
  • 21-23
  • 24-26
  • 27-29
  • 30+

0 voters

8 shiny without sunglasses
4 shiny with sunglasses
12 shiny total

1 Like

I think this was boring CD as Squirtle isn’t any good currently. I still got my shiniest and stuff. I guess one thing wich wasn’t too good was that it was right after the Articuno day wich wore me off alot. Also why does Squirtle have round glasses and not spiky? Like the leader Squirtle in anime.

2 Likes

They are the henchmen, the Leader must be special, and if everyone has many that are Leader-like then it won’t be special anymore. Anything sparkly isn’t boring, @S0PK. Not every Pokemon that gets a new move needs to be meta relevant.This community day really highlights the better things about Pokemon Go, and Niantic did it well (except for the sunglasses on Squirtle, it looks a little Photoshopped). Also, with the Triple and Double XP happening now, this is the perfect time to have both the Articuno day and Squirtle Community Day, it lets people grind more and play more. But I agree, the raids for 3 hours and the search for shinies for another 3 hours can wear someone down.

2 Likes

Nice I see you had a good event!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Lol someone got 30+ shiny squirtles… and I bet there is about a million people who couldnt even find that many squirtles during the event.

1 Like

I would if I could… but I realized that 10 minutes after and you cannot edit polls after five minutes of their creation.

It was a GOOD day!

9 Likes

WOW I am very impressed that IS a good day! How many shinies did you get? Will you power that up?

1 Like

I got 14 total, 10 regular and 4 shiny squad squirtles. I will probably power up this bad boy :sparkles::sunglasses:

1 Like

I got a 86 shiny with glasses , and a 82 so I am happy but @Thorend that is something to be proud about!!

2 Likes

I got 6 total, 4 regular and 2 shiny squad squirtles. Much better CD than previous ones, the only one it really compares to is the Dratini Febuary special.

1 Like

not worth powering up a blastoise tho. You have kyogre, gyarados, vaporeon, swampert and feraligatr which are all better

1 Like

I decided to try a different spot to the popular ones that most migrate to for this one. No one else was there so I just set up a chiar between 3 of the 4 Pokestops and sat there for the whole 3 hours.
Got enough Shiny with and without glasses. No good IV from the wild catches and won’t know if any of the quest ones are good IV until there’s a double Dust event as mine have been banked to cash in when the time is right.

1 Like

Wasn’t it a perfect day? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I agree with you but it might be also cause I had some different higher expectation wich kinda ruined it a bit. But still tho, the event bonuses were excellent but I just couldn’t play as long as the other times.

1 Like