Smeargle is here

Got mine!

Just a word of warning though…
I caught the second one but the first one I got fled…

2 Likes

So the only way to make it appear is by shooting some photos of your pokemons from storage?
And can I use any Pokemon or does it needs specific type like psychic?

3 Likes

any type
the smeargles moves are the moves of the photobombed Pokemon so if you want a certain moves on smeargle, take photos of a Pokemon with that moveset

1 Like

Does it take so long to appear? I have tried a lot already but still no spawn. By the way my app had just been upgraded forcefully an hour ago.

3 Likes

Jumped through all the hoops to take the pic (loading AR core, restarting PoGo, and taking the pic) and after an hour of walking around, spinning stops, and raiding, still no spawn. Bugger. Maybe I’ll try again later. Maybe not.

Tried again, got a pretty good pic of one of my Mewtwos on the balcony overlooking the airport.

Still no spawn, though. Goobers.

Later took dozens of pics of several different Pokemon at different angles and on different surfaces, still no doggone mutt. Not exactly in the best of moods right now, so maybe I’ll waste more time tomorrow on it. Congrats to those of you who scored the Smeargle right away.

3 Likes

Took 500 pics and nothing

2 Likes

I can’t even get the AR camera to work. The footprints won’t appear.

1 Like

What you talkikng about

160+ photos, and no Smeargle. Is there a secret? Im taking photos from my living room!

2 Likes

I figured it out. I’ll take some cool ones at work tomorrow.

1 Like

My app crashes often in Ar mode whether it’s ar or ar+

1 Like

Had little play in the kitchen at home.
21 photos so far and no Dog. My RNG is poor at the best of times. Can’t wait for how many pics I burn through to get one.
Might be spending a lot of time at work tonight chasing the Dog.
Sux it’s not a gaurenteed catch like Quest Pokémon. I’d be salty taking 100’s of pics only to have it Dust Off.

2 Likes

40+ pics taken, no Smeargle yet, keep trying

1 Like

On 7 pic with this pokemon

4 Likes

So 507 pic

2 Likes

I got mine after total 100+ pic taken. The funny thing is that Smeargle does not actually appear on the picture when I open those pictures from the phone’s photo app, it only appears when I view it from the game

1 Like

Yup found out the hard way

Yeah, probably it appeared before but I was just viewing the pictures from the phone’s photo app and could not find it there. Or maybe not, because it does not appear in the overworld

1 Like

Are you ok? That looks like it was taken in a doctor’s office

3 Likes

Also, does anyone know what the iv situation is? Is it random, or the same as the mon it photobombed?

1 Like