Second Move Cost

So, I’m sure there will eventually be a master list somewhere, but I went through all the Gen 1 Pokemon to see what a second move costs. To be honest, some of the values are sort of baffling and feel almost arbitrary. lol

Legendaries and Mythical cost 100K stardust, so I left them out. I went through every Pokemon whose final form was in Gen 1. Scyther, for example, evolves later so I counted it now.

For the sake of space, I will list the 10K and 75K. The 50K list is HUGE!

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Butterfree
Beedrill
Rattata
Pidgeot
Fearow
Ekans
Raichu
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Clefable
Golbat
Golem
Gyarados

75K:

Onix
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Chansey
Mr. Mime
Scyther
jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar
Pinsir
Lapras
Eevee
Omastar
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Dragonite

Everything else is 50K.

Some of these make a lot of sense, but others are odd choices. Farfetch’d, for example, costs 50K to add a second move. I don’t see anyone doing that. The Gen 1 starters and Gyarados cost 10K, which is kind of a steal. Jynx, the Hitmons, and Onix cost a whopping 75K though!

UPDATE: Just went through Gen 2. Even more baffling.

10K:

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Furrett
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Crobat
Magcargo
Octillery

75K:

Ampharos
Sudowoodo
Espeon
Umbreon
Forretress
Steelix
Gligar
Scizor
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Hitmontop
Blissey
Miltank
Tyranitar

Lies.
25 k for Gyarados
Not everyone is the same

Seriously? Trainers have different costs? What an odd thing to do. lol

Nope never mind that is for candy
25 candy
10 k stardust

Ah, OK. I was gonna say … lol …

I don’t have much of a point in doing it right now.
I would do it for Gyarados, but I needs 98 more candy for a shiny Gyarados.

Great, the ones with low enough cost dont even use another move
Way to go Niansh*t

Just went through Gen 2. Miltank, Mantine, Sudowoodo, and Delibird cost 75K?!!? lol

10K:

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Furrett
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Crobat
Magcargo
Octillery

75K:

Ampharos
Sudowoodo
Espeon
Umbreon
Forretress
Steelix
Gligar
Scizor
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Hitmontop
Blissey
Miltank
Tyranitar

Based on egg distance

I thought of that, but it doesn’t always hold true. Swinub, for example is a 2K egg … but Piloswine has a 50K cost. Porygon is from a 10K egg, but also has a 50K cost.

Sorry I meant buddy distance

That mostly matches up, but that’s such an odd way to go about it. Buddy distance doesn’t really equate to usefulness in PVP. It should definitely be a different tier system.

That way, if someone REALLY wants to add a second move to their Militank, it doesn’t cost a gut wrenching 75K. lol

If you want to save this to your phone as a quick reference guide

I used 10k on my Gyarados. I used it as a guinea pig since it was so “cheap.”

Are these Double Charge moves only for PVP or are they accessible for Raids and Gym Battles?

They’re permanently unlocked and you can use them in Raids and Gyms. I have video proof:

Don’t hold me to this, but I think they are just available. My son just showed me. Swipe down on certain Pokemon and you can obtain 2nd Charge move. I did it for a few of my Gyrados so far. It does cost candy and dust.

There are certain Pokemon that can’t learn a second Charged Move, like Feebas, Ditto and Magikarp, but why would you use those, really?

I posted a video showing that you can use two separate Charged Moves in Raids as well, so if that helps you, look at that.

Yeh, I’ve seen the option to be able to get the second move even on my stupid Kids account. I wasn’t sure if it was a Primary - Secondary type scenario where the Primary one is only available for Raids and Battles and the Secondary is included for PvP.

I wondered that myself, and that’s why I had to test it. You can imagine my elation when it turned out to be not the case.