Raids - Regigigas and shiny Regis Announced

Plus shiny Skarmory

2 Likes

At least this won’t be the only way to get Regigigas, just an early chance to get it.

1 Like

True. I’ll probably pay just so I can do it early and for the pose, 10 raid passes and the unicameral stone. Honestly more excited for Shiny Skarmory. The other Regis aren’t that bad either, just cuz the shinies are out and my wife needs all of them so since I’m going to have to do them at least I have a chance for a shiny and better IVs

1 Like

This is nice for me since I have a job that often inhibits my ability to do EX Raids, so I’m definitely doing this.

EX raids are plenty here so thats no reason to go for the pass. BUT its 10 passes for less than 7 euros so i might go for that. Especially since i do want those shiny regis and the event only lasts 3 days.
Im not too thrilled about that actually, but i guess its the only way Niantic would sell extra passes during the regis. and 3 more months of them wont really do the playerbase any good either.

According to a go hub article, those 10 free passes are similar to what we are given during raid day, can’t keep more than one at a time, it’s not like we are given 10 premium ones from the ticket.

Basically, these passes are necessary for us to complete the Regigigas Special Research, which means that Niantic is giving us a hand to catch Regice, Registeel and Regirock.

I wish it was less then 7 euro…
The whole event doesn’t attrack me at all actually, but the 10 raid passes probably make me buy a ticket anyway.

I’m very tempted to buy the ticket as soon as it is available. I don’t know yet how well we are triggering EX raids here, and 10 raid passes (even if it’s only one by one…), the exclusive pose and a Unova stone alone are worth it. And it sounds like a fun day, almost like at a Safari Zone or Go Fest.
But I’ll probably end up waiting until we get the special research tasks revealed (Nov 2 when people in Australia etc. start playing or hopefully earlier) and then I’ll decide.
I’m quite sure I won’t be able to convince my husband to play all Saturday and even pay real money for it. After his devastating shiny Mewtwo stats of >45 raids and not a single shiny he’s quite grumpy when it comes to PoGo and doesn’t want to spend one more penny on the game…

What I don’t understand is the extremely short return of the Regis. It’s right. We don’t like them, we don’t want them… But 3 days for hunting 3 shiny legendaries? Really? It took me more than 20 raids both for Giratina and for Mewtwo to get the shiny, how are we supposed to get these three?

my thoughts exactly. 3 days for 3 new shiny legendary bosses? I’m already prepping my expectations to ‘set to: fail
The rest of the event looks very fun though

1 Like

Another event in which solo players can’t participate. If I’m paying for the ticket, I want to get Lucky Raid Passes to do solo raids. Because I can’t find a reliable group of players, I won’t participate in this event.

The announcement says your Regigigas encounter is the culmination of the special story (sounds like the other special research projects) that you can complete at any time (even after the event). What precludes solo players from that?

And the ten raid passes could all be used on Tier 2 or 3 raids, most of which are soloable. The big crimp seems to be that 9 of those 10 raids need to be done during the event time, since you can’t have more than 1 in your bag at any time.

The pass is tempting; but I’m not sure I want that much to be one of the first players to have Regigigas. I think I’d rather just pursue EX raids to get it.

This event was a perfect opportunity for Niantic to introduce Lucky Raid Pass. I mean this ticket already looks like a LRP.

I want to be able to do that special research solo. That way anyone who is willing to pay can participate. And I would like to be able to have 10 raid passes in my inventory and use them whenever I can. The way it is now is too limited and you have to be in a place with lots of gyms and do lots of raids in a short period of time. Maybe in the future Niantic will realize that they can and must include solo and rural players in their special events.

Unless you have info that no one else has, you cant really know if you can do the special research solo or not.
No where does it say you need to do tier 5 raids for it.
I wouldnt be suprised if you do need to catch all 3 regis, but they may just do that via research reward encounters instead of raids.
Youre jumping to conclusions.

As far as I understand you’ll need to do raids to finish the special research. And Regirock, Registeel and Regice will appear in raids around that time.

Up to 10 additional Raid Passes at no cost during the Special Research story event time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over.

They recommend doing the research on the same day it starts.

Once you receive the Special Research on November 2, you will be able to finish it at a later time if you don’t complete it by the end of the event. However, for an optimal gameplay experience, we recommend trying your best to complete the research on Saturday, November 2, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in your local time zone.

There is a reason why they said that. This event requires a group of players and good number of Gyms.

And finally

Plan accordingly to take down Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in five-star raids, as you’ll need to catch them to help complete your Special Research!

Oh right, completely missed that.
Yeah then its gonna be rough for solo players.

Rough, indeed.

It seems like 3 out the 10 passes would be used to raid Regirock, Regice and Registeel

Luckily I allready have planned to meet a couple friends that day to do the research line together. With only this group we are already with 4 L40 accounts with good counters. And probably a few more will join too.