[Q&A] Who has Shinies?

this is nice man! i would love to trade for one when trading comes

1 Like

My first, too. I learn everything pokemon from my son. lol

Mega evolution is introduced in Gen 6. Basically, itā€™s like a temporary, super-power-up form. It can have different types than the base mon. So, for Gyarados, Mega Gyarados will be a dual dark-water type, thus, making bite and hydropump both STAB.

You can read more about Mega here (many other sites cover it as well):

2 Likes

yoooo thanks for the info and replying :smiley: let me check it out^^

Got this shiny today on my sonā€™s account:

CP and IV suck but who cares!

2 Likes

Donā€™t know how to put Picts but I got 1( about time ) there were 3 in 1 spot and the 1st two were ok 154 cp 136 or close to that and both were strong good ivā€™s tapped the 3rd and there is was a 80cp 55% shiney carp I was bummed but I still evolved it to get a 1388 shiney with bite outrage , it still works as good as my 95% kinda but I am great full for it I was feeling left out when I have caught over 2000 magikarp and no jackpots but I won the lottery I guess ! I signed out and my son caught 3 also but no shiney just a 88.9% magikarp man I was close .

1 Like

Still none for meā€¦probably caught 600+ since they were released and still nothing

Iā€™ve tried everything, just unlucky I guess.

1 Like

Got this on my birthday. Good present I guess.

3 Likes

Just got my 2nd one today it was by a wild gengar that ran , went to a raid at the pier in front of my house and there it was 27 cp but I still evolved it to 555 cp Ivs not great like 60% but I donā€™t care well time for a 3rd I guess maby better cp this time !!

2 Likes

Just caught shiney picachu in shady side md at my house

2 Likes

Congrats, I havenā€™t even seen a pikachu since the increased spawns wearing the ash hat, so my odds of getting a shiny are pretty low I think.

2 Likes

Cannot believe it 8 days later in same spot my house I caught a female now I have both male female what gives are shiny picachu rare or not !!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s been my experience.

My wife caught hers after her first solo raid and barely enough to evolve a regular Gyarados, perfect IV also.

It is just luck Iā€™m afraid.

From what I could work out Shiny Magikarp was released in the game March 24 during the Water Event.
I started a count down to catch my Shiny Magikarp April 25.
From April 25 to today itsā€™s been 143 Days and Iā€™d caught 563 Magikarp with no Shiny.
Finally #564 end up being a Shiny.

I hope the Shiny Yellow Turd is found quicker :smirk:

2 Likes

Number 4946, Shiny number 8. Thatā€™s dedicationšŸ‘šŸ»

1 Like

Jiji, still I think you are madā€¦ thatā€™s not normal, thatā€™s not special, that is mad. Iā€™m still waiting for my first shinyā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll sell you some luck, ā‚¬9.99 an hour. PayPal mešŸ˜‚

1 Like

Jajajajaja, NO, I donā€™t think that this is the solutionā€¦ you will have more money, maybe I have a shinyā€¦ but I think itā€™s better I wait for my lucky momentā€¦

1 Like

Your time will come, especially considering all these new special events over Europe and the Halloweā€™en event coming soon.

Thatā€™s what I hopeā€¦ The problem is that you will gain as well. So I will catch something to advance my position, but you as well, so at the end you will be as far of me as ytou are in this momentsā€¦

There will always be those ahead of you, just like @Thorend is ahead of me.