[Q&A] What phone do you play on?

My old phone (Samsung S5) for my 2nd account
I caught a dragonite on it yesterday yay
New phone (S8) for my main

Samsung Galaxy S7 active (AT&T Exclusive)

No complaints, although the S7 series is actually known for being very location drifty which is either a good or bad thing depending on your perspective lol

My friend had one and it seemed to have some performance issues but still played the game. Just not as fast as you would want it to be since the J7 prime is an entry level smartphone.

I ended up getting the J7 Prime and have been using it to spin stops and Gyms on the daughters acct and solo Raiding with multiple devices. It does what I wanted it for fine but like you said it is a little slow but nothing bad enough to make the game unplayable. I also got a J7 Pro to do the same with the wifeā€™s account instead of having to pinch her phone. The difference between the Prime and Pro is noticeable. They were both picked up as run out clearance models so were near 1/2 the cost of when new.

ZTE Majesty pro. Love it

Playing on S8, and just discovered PoGo somewhat works in splitscreen. So now I want to figure out whether I can have two Pokemon Go clients run at once somehow.

iPhone 7plus. Perfectly happy. My brother upgraded to an iPhone X and had tremendous difficulties in some legendary raids due to its screen aspect ratio. He ended up catching Kyogre and Rayquaza with his iPad :rofl:

are u guys rich or something?

2 Likes

To me itā€™s iPhone 6 now, waiting for 8.

Google Pixel
I really liked this phone, but the battery literally got destroyed by PokƩmon Go.
Iā€™ve got it for one and a half year now and when playing, the phone shuts itself down due to low battery after about 25-30 minutes. Thereā€™s no way playing without a power bank (is that the right english term?!? Iā€™m talking about external batteries for charging on the go).

Power banks are a standard item in any Pokemon Go players armory :grinning:

Heat kills internal ph batteries.
Power hungry game generates heat.

Iphone 5s

Thatā€™s why I have a nice collection of power banks ranging from 10000mAh to 30000mAh :wink:

But when the phone was new I could at least walk to my nearest gym catching everything by hand on my way, do a quick raid there and walk back home and still have 70% of battery leftā€¦

Now Iā€™m lucky when I can walk there catching everything with Go+ on my way there (with display off), do the raid and catch the raid boss without the battery dying.

New battery or new phoneā€¦ I havenā€™t decided yetā€¦

1 Like

My current device is the Huawei Mate 9 Pro.

Got a new iPhone SE back in July of '16 just to play the game. Still works good.

1 Like

Iphone:

• 6s
  • SE
  • 7s
  • 8s
  • X(10)

0 voters

5s

Hmā€¦ yeahā€¦ I tried replacing the battery of my Google Pixel myself (usually Iā€™m good at fiddly crafting/DIY), but I broke the display in the processā€¦ So a new phone insteadā€¦

Now Iā€™m playing on a OnePlus 6. I like it, itā€™s a great phone, but I miss my Pixel somehow.
And I wish PoGo would fully support the notch on the OnePlus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.