Power up for defense - Snorlax

I’ve got 2 Snorlax I’ve been powering up, even though they are not great IV’s. a 57% 2793CP Snorlax with Zen Headbutt/Earthquake and a 62% 2544CP w/ Lick/Earthquake. I’ve heard that Snorlax w/ Body Slam is better for gym defense. I’ve got one with Zen Headbutt/Body Slam with 86% IV but 950CP. I’ve been saving up Candy, and I’ve got 70. Think its worth powering up the low CP? Or finish powering up the higher CP?

According to this link:

You’d best power up your Zen Headbutt/Body Slam with 86% IV but 950CP.

For defense that is.

Personally I would wait to hatch one with good IV and a little bit higher starting CP. I know that might take a long time but snorlax candy is hard to come by and I feel it is worth the wait. Took 9 months for me to finally hatch a good one.

That’s part of the issue… I might wind up walking Snorlax again soon. I do have a slightly higher CP (1119)Body Slam with 67% IV and I have a 78% IV w/ Hyper Beam at 1864CP.

I’ve hatched my only two Snorlaxes during the waterevent but they both aren’t that good I think.

CP:1858 IV:76-80 Zen Headbutt/Heavy Slam
CP:1855 IV:76-78 Zen Headbutt/Earthquake

So I’ll wait like Thorend says for a better one to emerge from an egg. Never seen one in the wild.

I do not like their lists. Their defense tier list is okay, but their attack one has blissey and vaporeon at the top, which is definitely not true. Poke-assisstant has a good attacker tier list imo.
https://pokeassistant.com/attackers

Your best is the little guy. Just have to nanana-booboo for a sec.

I have two 98% snorlax’s. One with hp/atk best with lick/beam. The other hp/def best with zen headbutt/body slam.

Point is, those came after I already had one strong IV range Snorlax up over 3k. And I never looked back. It sucks, but it’s the same thing with you. Just start up the good one.

Also, body slam is legacy, I believe, so you will NEVER get a better gym defender then that guy anyways.

For Me Snorlax with Zen Headbutt/Body Slam is good for attacking gym, but if you want to defend a gym have a Snorlax with Zen Headbutt/Hyper Beam. I got a one with Zen Heabutt/Hyper Beam CP 2901, IV 80% which still in the gym for about a month now.