Post your NEWEST shiny

Was blessed with three shinies this evening in the places I usually hunt Pokémon. The Sableye is pretty good, too.

Screenshot_20190613-224428_Pokmon%20GOScreenshot_20190613-224509_Pokmon%20GOScreenshot_20190613-225044_Pokmon%20GO

9 Likes

Are shinies boosted for this Go Fest weekend? Well, at least I got this little guy so I’m pretty happy. Now let’s hunt the shiny Snorunt and shiny Murkrow since I already have the other ones.

8 Likes

Yes. Should be 1/50.

4 Likes

OMG, another shiny Snubbull!

7 Likes

:neutral_face:

9 Likes

I like how only three of us have gotten the horsea and its been out for more than a day…the spawn rates here are absolutely awful still

https://twitter.com/blainemcivor/status/1139259131511132160?s=19

This is the only one posted under the main tweet.

2 Likes

Maybe the spawn rate for shiny horsea has been awful. (I know I haven’t encountered one, anyway.)

I’m not sure, though, that it’s safe to assume that everybody on the GoHub who has caught a shiny horsea has posted it here. (And even if that actually is the case, it’s entirely possible that our little community does not comprise a truly representative sample set for estimating probabilities.)

Are the Shiny rates back to normal? I haven’t encountered a Shiny since Thursday, and I have been hunting much this weekend.

4 Likes

Same here. So many Pokemon caught and no shinies since Thursday. I really wanted that shiny Sandshrew and Snorunt.

2 Likes

I was hoping for a Shiny Geodude, Snorunt or Snubbull.

1 Like

My current catchrate of shiny Pokemon is way below the normal 1:450. I catch well over 500-600 Pokemon a week, but not catching a shiny every week. CD excluded.

1 Like

Found a shiny horsea, which was promptly evolved to kingdra, and a sableye today while at the mall.

I missed out on the initial burst of shinies in conjunction with the start of Go Fest - but flushed with the excitement of a potential shiny bonanza I’ve caught extensively in the last two days…
…for precisely NOTHING. That’s around 500 potential shinies snagged with no results. Mrs celery has caught around 300 in the same timescale - also without a single success.

May I tentatively suggest that the increased shiny rates experienced early on was a mistake on the part of Niantic - and were ‘switched off’ when the gaffe was realised - in much the same way that the erroneous release of shiny Abra and Clefairy was ‘fixed’.

Coincidentally, I was trading a batch of critters when the shiny increase was noticed - and I received 6 luckies from 10 trades. Today I traded around 150 Pokémon… and… you’ve guessed it… ZERO lucky trades.

1 Like

I dindn’t get a shiny at all during the time period

1 Like

The Silph Road confirms the shiny rate is no longer boosted. I suppose the shiny rate boost, the lucky trades, the release of shiny Abra…all of it were a mistake from Ninantic and not meant to be.

Day 1 the first Pokémon was shiny then another 3 Pokémon later. Another shortly after finishing work so round about 3 in 50-60 Pokémon and 1-2 hours of play.
Day 2 I spent four hours on the push bike then 3 hrs sitting on 3 Stops Lured the whole time. Then random Go Plus Catches over two hours tearing up Gyms for 0 Shiny.
Day 3 two hrs on the Push bike for 0 Shiny.

1 Like

Gofest and Chicago were good to me. I got only one shiny the first two hours of the event then things blew up for me!

7 Likes

Found this between raids yesterday. I have no idea whether overall shiny spawn rates were up or down; but the 3 I got on Thursday (nowhere near the go fest) was either a big spike or a major statistical aberration.

9 Likes