Post your Giratina

3 Likes

That 94. Whatever just cp perfection. Has nothing to do with iv. Take a 14 14 14 blissey and a say 14 13 15 blissey. Both 93iv but stats depending which ones higher/ lower will affect cp. 3187 vs. 3199. A 15 attacker will go higher in cp than a 14 attacker most the time

1 Like

Theres also on average 8 to 10cp difference between a 98 and 100 iv 15 attacker

2 Likes

1 Like

Mine are just bad iv wise

Foggy

Aaah this is the one that fled from me

:frowning_face: that’s frustrating. My catch rate for Giratina is really bad, fortunately none of those that ran away were this good.

1 Like

I’m 3-3 on Giratina. Got my weather boosted and done with it. Went after Shinx last 3 days. My worst luck was with Kyogre and the Latios/Latias duo. Had way more get away than was able to capture.

96 iv
15/13/15

2 Likes

Atk15 on yours gives higher CP on your lower IV mon

Haven’t been focused on raidong, so
 I probably will get one tmr.

Slowed right down on these as Raid Pass stocks are just about exhausted. Only did 1 a day on the Free Pass the last few days and nothing on Gengar day. Almost resigned to the fact I won’t get a 100% one these as well.
Culled the collection right back and blew 100k dust on my 100% Metagross that I was building for one of these.

3 Likes

Nice. I’ve beaten 4 in the raid. But I’m still having trouble mastering the capture part, having only caught 1 out of 4 so far. Hoping to snag a couple more before Niantic switches to a different T5 raid boss.

Giratina seems harder to catch (but more worthwhile) than Regirock was.

[edit: as for ‘worthwhile’ – after using my Giratina in gym battle and seeing it get wiped out by a Chancey’s dazzling-gleam, I wonder if Giratina isn’t just another not-very-useful trophy]

You having trouble landing throws or is it just the constant break outs @vorgriff3 .

I don’t do set the circle method. Had a bit of a go at ltrying to learn it but it just didn’t work for for me. Might a Left Brain Right Brain thing and the same reason I can not juggle.

I don’t have much trouble landing Curved Greats and Excellents on it though. You just need to be patient and wait for that circle to get to the right side and time it right when it does the big head sway to the side and back.

What’s hard for me isn’t landing throws WHERE I want them, but WHEN an opening appears in the target’s pattern of jumps and jukes. The time to land a throw is just after its juke move; but this critter often repeats its juke move two or three times before the time to throw comes, and by the time I can tell it isn’t going to repeat again, it launches into another set of jumps and jukes.

While most of the throws are on-target, their timing is off just enough for them to bounce off the pokemon harmlessly. I expect to need a few more encounters before I get a sufficient sense of the timing. Not totally different from an MLB batter timing his swing for a 100mph fastball (when the batter needs to start his swing before the ball even leaves the pitcher’s hand).

2 Likes

I have a third! 1910 cp. Better than all the others i have caught

3 Likes

@vorgriff3 I find the multitude of Ttar Raids helped as the timing of Ttars foot stomp and Giratinas circular head sway is similar.
Yes it rips out another and some times a third on the back of one but I’m getting pretty good at still making it land. I get the odd bounce off.
I think the key is after a miss take a moment as there’s a big temptation to let rip with another throw in frustration which can be repeated for no hits.

2 Likes

I got 2, one on each of account

1 Like

Think I have 3