Pokémon Go Valentine Day Event 2019

Really wish the Spinda task was just 5 great curve balls (or even 10) – the in-a-row part seems unnecessarily obnoxious.

1 Like

I think I already posted but I got another Spinda quest and trashed it. I’ve been working on the first for like 5 weeks and still haven’t beat it yet. I can’t keep 2 in my 3 spaces because I’m working on another I haven’t been able to beat either.

You said earlier that your son is better on throws if I remember correctly. Let him do it.

I’ve tried and he can’t do it either. I’m just hoping for a Lugia or something on next Research Breakthrough.

I’m on 2. Skitty seem to work from the current spawns.

All the ones I should get 5 in a row on, I either catch them or I mess up throwing the ball.

I use a nanab everytime. just to up my chance

Nanabs are your best friend here. I throw the first one without one since it’s not like the streak breaks if you miss the first one. The ones afterwards I use Nanab Berries.

Broke my streak twice on the 5th one. Third time was the charm. No news about the shiny version (that i know of) so 1 will be enough.

Got two more Spinda heart today, one is 98% and the other is 82%

I use Nanab on the 4th and 5th throw, when working on such quest, just don’t catch the spawn from Lure, they are more aggressive.

Got Zapados and caught it with Pinap.:expressionless:

Have one heart spinda, and 3 tasks ready for tomorrow. Walked for 6 hours. Caught a lot of livdisk. No shiny though.

This quest continues to elude me. Swinub is not the best for curveballs.

2 Likes

You need to find you some ponies or onyx

Zangoose work too.

You may try great throw on Clefairy, Whismur, Skitty or even Luvdisc if it is not moving to the side

You can go to a raid and give someone to do it for you.

I’ve caught 2 of the Spinda and trashed 6 quests for more. Way too time consuming and hard. Lack thought on this one from Niantic. Just make it 10 Greats to make it not quick and easy but also not near impossible for some.

Apart from CD Swinubs not 1 Shiny anything from a lot of catches including 4.5hrs of siting on a triple lure spot. Only good thing to come out of it is 15 Rare Candy so far and 6 more Chancey in bank waiting for me to collect 3 Rare Candy Quests.

It is hard, but for a good weather day with time enough, I think it is a good challenge that I’m determined to get done.

I will complete it one of these days.

1 Like