Pokémon go (Snapchat) map

So I was thinking…

What if Pokémon go had a system similar to snapchat map?

That you could see your friends on the Pokémon go app if they are playing it at the moment.

Or if you’re driving that you can see your avatar on some Pokémon with the move fly and if you’re on a boat that you can see yourself on a Pokémon with the move surf.

It was just a random thought but I think it would be so cool😍

That seems a bit “stalkerish”. That was a criticism of the real SnapChat map, and it probably would be a criticism of this feature too. Granted, features like “ghost mode” could be added to it, but in general I really don’t think this is needed; especially with a game with a lot of younger kids playing.

Also, in order to do this, you would need to “add friends”, which means having a chat system, which leads to putting more younger kids at risk with talking to strangers, being lured to locations, etc.

There is a difference between a social media app for teens vs. a mobile game app that kids can play. If you look on Google Play, you’ll notice that SnapChat is rated “T” for Teen and Pokemon Go is “E” for everyone.

12 Likes

Umm…not all teens are gullible. @JoshHack and me are teens. Even though we’re young to Go Hub Forum, we boldly express our opinions and ideas.

However, I agree with your criticism. SnapChat is likely a stalking app. Pokemon GO will be a platform for harassment, foul language, isolation, insult etc. if it is implemented. It time and energy consuming to supervise this system.

3 Likes

@Yoshi please read my words carefully and do not misinterpret what I say.

I never did say that teens are gullible. but let’s be real: younger children are. I mean, you could disagree with that statement, but kids are literally being lured by people pretending to be chicken nuggets, so… (http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/15/paedophiles-are-pretending-to-be-chicken-nuggets-on-social-media-to-lure-school-kids-6931486/)

No idea where this comes from; no one said you couldn’t post because you’re a teen… (I’m also a teen).

4 Likes

“Also, in order to do this, you would need to “add friends”, which means having a chat system, which leads to putting more younger kids at risk with talking to strangers, being lured to locations, etc.”

Maybe you should define ‘younger kids’.
Again. I don’t mean to rub you. You may focus on my 2nd point. Overall we are both against in-game Snapchat map.

2 Likes

In fact, a lot of teens hoard their ideas because of discrimination. It’s a disputable fact. Yeah teens may post, but they might provoke irrational arguments and suffer from insult, cyber bullying etc.

2 Likes

“I never did say that teens are gullible. but let’s be real: younger children are. I mean, you could disagree with that statement, but kids are literally being lured by people pretending to be chicken nuggets, so…”

Nothing is absolute. Not all teens are gullible. There must be some exceptional cases.

2 Likes

Agreed. It was nice debating with you though. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think the argument is moot since niantic already has a chat system in their other game ingress, there’s no real reason why pogo shouldn’t.

1 Like

I’d rather they spend time on game stability and play-ability rather than adding a chat element.
other Apps/Programs handle networking/chat quite fine.

1 Like

I am a teen as well

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.