Generation III - Pokémon GO Gen 3 release date discussion

Will we get 6hr Lures with Gen3 release like we got with Gen2? I’m fairly sure it was 6hrs?
I remember many places were lit up like Christmas Trees and I had around 80% of the new ones available for capture in the first 2 days.

2 Likes

One more thing: During the Valentine’s day event, 50% discount of extending pokebox and item bag was available in the in-game store.

I wish Niantic will consider it.

2 Likes

Hi I am new here and I have a very well thought out explanation of how I think Niantic will release Gen 3 and when. It makes a lot of sense and I have not seen it anywhere yet, so I am just gonna go ahead and do a shortened version.
-Back in February, Niantic released an update containing all finalized requirements for Gen 2 only a few days before its actual release
-The babies were released a few months before Gen 2 as content to make the player base somewhat happy, similar to how the Legendary Beasts were released to keep players happy and would be two months before Oct. 27 (rumored date)
-Everything about the past few days regarding Hanke’s interview, Ho-oh debunking, the new update, and current dullness is almost exact to what happened before Gen 2 was released, seeing that the Halloween event would be “equal” to the Valentine’s day event, in which Gen 3 will be released right along side it or immediately after

4 Likes

Maybe the discount of extending pokebox and item bag will be offered to us during the Halloween event.:slight_smile:

If we see any moves getting buffed before/during the Halloween event there’s a high chance that they are buffing moves to take out Slaking kind of like how all moves got an extreme buff before gen 2 was released to counter Blissey. So in theory, if we see any moves getting buffed we can assume Gen 3 will be released within that week.

Well, i believe that gen 3 should be relatively soon since i made this discovery: New berries and weird item found in GAME_MASTER

5 Likes

Es heißt das sie an Halloween kommt. Dad eäre cool am besten mit doppelt wp event

Well, there’s no doubt about the gen 3 release date. You may enjoy your Halloween.
3 Likes

@apavlinovic you may close this topic and start ‘gen 4 discussion’

I think we will wait until after Gen 3 is out for a few days before we get ahead of ourselves.

4 Likes

I’m waiting for the gen 3 trailer from The Pokemon Company.

October 27th date mostly confirmed as initial gen 3 release!

@Elevatorisbest is it possible for @JoshHack to start over Pokemon GO now? (Re-capture ~240 Pokemon and 135 new Pokemon)
Since you’re unable to capture any legendaries, you may give some advices to @JoshHack.

3 Likes

So, i think that it’s worthless to start all over again from this moment, especially if you got at least few great pokemon’s, and my solution for legendaries, is to check as much legendary raids as possible, without using raid pass.

1 Like

@JoshHack maybe you should only capture top tier Pokemon and legendaries to save you time.

I think an inventory increase is definitely needed at some point this year. With all the new gens and legendaries it only makes sense.

4 Likes

I bet gen 3 will be released on 13th December - my birthday as well as the following day when Ho-oh stop appearing.

3 Likes

My thoughts right now are that Gen. 3 will arrive 13th December, when the Ho-oh Raids will be gone.

3 Likes

The release date is rather close. Who bet gen 3 will be released on or before 16/12?

Let’s get our tickets and get hype train on route to gen 3 :slight_smile: