[spoilers] New Sword and Shield Pokemon! GEN 8!

Stop tempting me :grin::grin:

I’m getting both for @Jaxxon8.

1 Like

I ended up preordering the dual pack at GameStop

1 Like

I’m splitting them up between his birthday and Christmas.

1 Like

There was a 24-hour livestream for Pokemon Sword and Shield that was a camera set up in a forest from the game. It showed some pre-existing Pokemon from other gens, confirming that they will be in the game. Mostly though, the entire livestream was centered around glimpses of Galarian Ponyta:

Looks like a fairy type.

Also: it’s mane glows.

1 Like

Some has been watching too much My Little Pony in the Pokemon HQ :rofl:

3 Likes

The glowing mane effect:

2 Likes

Galarian Ponyta has now been officially announced. It will be a Shield version exclusive. No info on Rapidash yet, though I’m sure it will be shown soon.

Also: It’s a psychic type.

medium_Ponyta

Video:

3 Likes

Psywhat
Are we getting a Psychic-type Double Edge?
Otherwise no way its going to have a good move to use as a STAB, Zen Headbutt isnt sufficient

My Little Pony(ta)!

It’s cute, i like it

4 Likes

It is just adorable lol

My Little Pony goes Pokemon :joy:

2 Likes

It is indeed very much My Little Ponyta …

… I would have bet on fairy type too. The psychic typing throws me. lol

1 Like

Any hype I had for the game was ruined

Another trailer today for Sw&Sh, featuring gigantamax forms for Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth, Charizard, and Buttterfree. The trailer showed the new forms as well as each new special move.

PIkachu and Eevee’s gigantamax forms are only available via Let’s Go save files. PIkachu resembles it’s early “Fatchu” art from when Red/Blue were first released.

Butterfree looks a lot like Mothra from Godizilla movies.

pokemon_sword_and_shield_gigantamax_butterfree

Charizard:

gigantamax-charizard-official-art

Meowth’s gigantamax is only available if you purchase the game before January 2020. It appears to be an ode to the “long cat” meme:

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::laughing:

1 Like

Are my friends and I the only ones who called it that? lol

2 Likes

You’re not the only ones. I remember someone asking when we were watching an episode from the Shinoh region, when he stopped being fatchu

3 Likes

Google it, it’s hilarious.

Summary

1 Like

Funny story.

So, when Red/Blue first came out I was in my early 20s (I’m old :frowning:). My little sister was REALLY into the toys and anime so those were my first experiences with Pokemon. Eventually, I just HAD to play the games so I bought two Gameboys and both versions (so I could trade myself lol).

I’m wandering around Viridian Forest, which is where Pikachu spawns. At the time, PIkachu was not a very common spawn so I was catching Weedle, Caterpie, Pidgey, etc left and right trying to get a Pikachu.

Imagine my surprise when it finally spawns and I see …

… I said “Wow, Pikachu is actually FAT” out loud … lol

4 Likes