Help Desk - Log in Issues (Facebook / Google account)

Hi there, been having some problems logging in, it happens randomly, this has only been happening for the last 2 weeks and I’ve been playing since launch, with my current phone I’ve been playing for 2 years with no issues.

I believe this issue to be different from all the threads regarding PTC accounts.
As mentioned in the title I have both Facebook and Google accounts linked to Pokemon Go, and was able to log in normally with either of them until 2 weeks ago, I don’t know what changed but now I randomly can’t log in and the only fix I’ve found is to reboot the phone, which is a bummer.

I’ve reached out to Niantic and they tried to help, I followed their troubleshoot guide, cleared the cache, re installed the game, reassigned the google account to the phone, checked for background data enabling and the problem still persists. They weren’t able to help me any further.

I know the problem has to be from my phone because this doesn’t happen to anyone around me, I just don’t understand what’s causing it.

One of the troubleshoot steps that caught my attention was while trying to remove Pokemon Go from the Google connected apps list, I found it wasn’t there already, but I can log in with the Google account so it should be there right?

I was wondering if anyone ever had a similar problem and possibly know a cause / fix for this?

Thank you

Check down detector

But isn’t that for general server failure of the game? In my post I said it only happens to me so I’m pretty sure that won’t help…

The problem is that you say it’s randomly. How to find a failure if it is not allways and so it’s not reproducible?

I understand your problem, but the technics of Niantic are as you and I and can’t do miracles.
I have not have this problem, and I don’t know anybody with it.

I’m not blaming Niantic or anyone, I’m just searching for known issues in hope to find something similar to my case.
One thing is for sure, it’s definitely a device problem and not an account problem, because I’ve tried to log in with my girlfriend’s account and it still fails, in her phone it’s ok.
Maybe I’ll try a factory reset and see how that goes.

Thanks anyway.

A good idea, and I wish you good luck

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.