40. Trainer level + level up report

8 Likes

I finally hit level 41! :partying_face:

8 Likes

That was fast :partying_face:

6 Likes

Defintely going to be stuck here for a while.

6 Likes

I know what you mean.
Iā€™ve got 3 Raids left to do but the Power Up 3 to L50 is a massive thorn in my side.
You need 266 XL Candy to Power Up from L40 to L50.
Iā€™ve got roughly 6-8 PokĆ©mon with XL counts between 100-200. Of those 1-2 of them Iā€™d be satisfied to spend the Dust to Power Up.
Iā€™m really hoping I get enough Machop XLā€™s for this to be the first one. As for the other 2 I have no idea what Iā€™m going to do atm.

3 Likes

you need 296 candy from 40 to 50:) and 250k dust, which is stupidly cheap.
and yes, with the ever changing events there is almost no pokemon left you can really farm xl candy for.
Many players are stuck on that level requirment, even big youtubers like Zoe and Mystic7 are/were struggling with it.

Iā€™ve done it 4 weeks ago, and it was a real chore. I even did it without the trading abuse/glitch/bug/clever-use-of-gamemechancis or whatever you want to call it.
I was lucky with many many weedle spawns in my biome, farmed the full XL candy for it and am already well over a 100 now for when my girlfriend needs it. Also, i used a (100%) purified weedle: 10% less candy needed to power up!
Multiple pikachu events + already having over 9k candy made that nr 2. I farmed over 4k more normal candy during the events so needed only ~ 170 xl candy. Easyā€¦

Then i hit the problem of swicthing events and not enough time to farm a third. Snover was an option but not going super hard, as some others like wooper (but after rocket day nowhere to be found).
Pokemon which had a lot of candy were not spawning, and pokemon that were spawning and had some XL candy had almost no normal candy to convert.
Finally we planned around hoothoot, which spawned a lot outside of events, but also during one the early december events. I would get a hoothoot from my girlfriend and i would power it up further. In the end we went hunting 2 nights in a row, and at night the owls came outā€¦giving me an easy XL candy hunt and being able to powerup my own hoothoot, with my own candy and XL candy. These nightly runs the candy went hard with noctowls spawning left and right and giving me an xl candy on average on each catch. That and the transfering xl candy made it pretty easy in the end.

So yes, that task can be hard. But I did it 4 weeks ago with no trading so you can do it too! So donā€™t give up, keep looking at what is spawning and what you have.

Small tips:
Donā€™t be shy to transfer normal candy ( i spend 4,5 years worth of pikachu candy on my power up)
Donā€™t even look at the stardust; 3 x 250k stardust is peanuts
Mega evolve a typing you want candy for (mega beedrill = mucho bug xl candy or Mega Abomasnow = mucho ice XL candy).
Trade! power up + trade + further power up must give some options?
And last; keep looking, keep catching and keep counting,

Edit: donā€™t know for sure but i think @Arem1771 is stuck there because of XP? and not the powerup :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I came to lvl 40 some month before the new level-up had come. So, I have no xp-buffer. Now I am 450k from level 41, and I think for every level the XP will be the worst trouble I will have.

4 Likes

At least you have to worry less about the other requirements

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to do magikarp, tauros, and eevee for my Level 50 monsters. But I still need a million XP before I even qualify for Level 47. No reason not to try to get more XL candy first. Still got 27 raids to do also but no hurry there either.

3 Likes

I know all of that. The biggest problem is that Iā€™m still so close yet so far away with many candidates to level up. Abomasnow is the only Pokemon currently that has enough Candy XL to level up to 50. Melmetal is the next one and I can just simply grind Mystery Boxes until I have enoughā€“Iā€™m doing that. The problem is the final one. As of right now, the closest Pokemon I have currently is Gyarados with 221 Candy XL and no candy reserves to useā€“I already transferred much of my candy stocks into Candy XL stocks for all my level 40 hundosā€“and Magikarp spawns are suppressed forseeably for at least a month. Mamoswine is next with 209, and his spawns are suppressed as well for the time being. Beatric is next with 189, and same story.

Ergo, until I have some luck with spawns and/or hatches, Iā€™ll be stuck there for a while. Iā€™m not being impatient; just being realistic. It will come when it comes.

EDIT: Scratch that. Garbodor is the next closest one at 228. That might be the one that will get chosen since I hatch 12 km eggs regularly.

2 Likes

My reply was moreso directed at @NotanotherKangaskhan then for you @Arem1771, but still good to share some thoughts with each other.

I know i have done some serious catching and re-evaluating what all my options were.
A week long it was ā€œif i catch this, then i have that, but this one is also an option but only untill then because of event swicthing, Okay, i caught 5 more, letā€™s transfer and see where we stand, etc, etcā€

Also an option as mentioned: saturday machop community day. If you go hard for 6 hours 1 max level should be very doable.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware there is/was a exploit/bug for gaining XL Candy.
Iā€™m just catching stuff and hope I get enough.
Iā€™ll wait it out to do the ones Iā€™m happy with.
I may get enough XL for others along the way but wonā€™t bother with them just to get it done.

1 Like

It is a serious option if you have another account or friend to have them power up one as far as they can, trade it, and just power it to max yourself. Yes, youā€™ll get a crappy IV pokemon at level 50 that way, but who really cares if you really want to level right?

1 Like

I believe this is the first time we had a Community Dayā€“non-cumulativeā€“where we had Candy XL so it should prove interesting to see how it works. I already have 72 Machop Candy XL, and Iā€™m planning to go hardcore in only just to gain massive Stardust.

EDIT: Final count:

That means that the three that will be leveled up soon will be my hundo Abomasnow, my hundo Machampā€“photographed aboveā€“and my hundo Melmetalā€“Iā€™m only about 3 Mystery Boxes away from that goal. Not too shabby.

1 Like

7 Likes

7 Likes

I should be happy but not really after stuffing up my shadow Machamp on the way.

7 Likes

Yay! :partying_face:

7 Likes

My alt finally got that last Eevolutionā€¦

7 Likes

ugh, the 35 medals is probably the hardest one, as I only have 31 atm. But it scares me to see it at 49, because what if you need more for level 50???

Luckily i still need 2 weeks before i even get here so i can prepare. Even more as the first players will reach 49 in a few days and the requirments for that will become known as well.

3 Likes