Lets talk - (anything)

The Admiral was a classy, low-key, and super-talented player. The perfect teammate and mentor for Duncan. While the Spurs aren’t my favorite team, I’ve got mad respect for the epic run of success they sustained.

2 Likes

Awesome good job dude

I think that’s why I dug The Admiral (and the Spurs) so much. When I was in high school (I’m old, so that’s the 90s lol), the NBA started to really become more brash. I liked that Robinson, Duncan, and the Spurs didn’t really have that identity. They focused more on fundamentals than flash.

No kidding. Fans whose local team bailed for greener pastures often pick a new favorite on the rebound. @VanHooIII’s falling in love with the Spurs sounds positively organic.

You’re not the oldest here, though - not by a long shot. (grin) And Pokemon Go is something several generations can have in common…

1 Like

Initially it was between the Hornets and Magic. I wanted a team to call my own and they were expansion teams with no real fanbase yet. I did end up liking both teams a little too. Charlotte had a great starting five (Johnson, Mourning, Bogues, Curry, Gill, etc) and should have had way more success and Orlando should have won more with Shaq and Penny, but … the Spurs drafting The Admiral put them right at the top.

It’s funny because some people think I bandwagoned on to the Spurs. I grew up in Kansas City and have lived in San Diego for 10 years, so it HAS to be because they’ve won titles. Nope. The Spurs were not a good team when I first loved them. lol

Oh I know. The number of people older than me here can probably be counted on one hand though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You lived in San Diego, too? Wow. If you were about ten years older, you could have had THREE NBA teams abandon you. (That’s somewhere I grew up, and it sucked to see the Rockets AND the Clippers leave town.

OTOH, didn’t KC also send a hockey team named the Kings to another part of California? Oy.

2 Likes

How old are you guys I’ll be 32 this year

1 Like

I’ve mostly lost interest. The bugs make it worse but isn’t the main cause

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I have done my research of my holiday destination and there are only 5 Pokéstops on this huge island. Therefore I may not be able to send gifts from Monday April 22nd to Monday April 29th. Please send me gifts, I’ll open them when I can

2 Likes

@Brobraam, enjoy your vacation and keep opening my gift

2 Likes

I live in San Diego now. I’ve been here just over 10 years, so I’ve only been here long enough to see the Chargers leave … which only sucks for me because now I have to go all the way to LA to see the Chiefs once a year. :smiley:

We didn’t have an NHL team in Kansas City, no. We had a slew of independent league teams, but none of them lasted very long. The Sprint Center was built in KC with the hope of a NHL or NBA team either relocating there or to get an expansion team. 12 years later, it still hasn’t happened. lol

1 Like

I’ll be 44 this year. :pensive:

1 Like

I’ll be 17 this year lol

2 Likes

I know a few Pokemon Go players older than me, but not in here… 56 on paper, last time I checked anyway.

Bless you all this marvelous day.

3 Likes

I´m 60 years old, so your not the oldest… :smiley:

3 Likes

Big age range on these forums, reminds me of my house.

We have 17, 29, 43, 48, and 60 here. lol

1 Like

Damn I thought being 32 maybe one of the oldest people here

1 Like

For everyone that celebrates it Happy Easter

1 Like