Lets talk - (anything)

Wow, as bad as the injuries are @celery it could have been worse. Hoping you have a speedy recovery.
Mrs Kanga has a story on similar lines.
We were out playing at night in the early Pogo days. Think we were only on Gen 2 then.
She needed a toilet stop. Toilets were 20-30m from parking spot. I did some some bag cleaning while she went.
Next minute I look up and she’s got blood coming down her face and in tears. She tripped on some raised pavers and face planted on the path hurting her shoulder badly at the same time as scraping the skin off her nose and forehead. She may read this and add more?

3 Likes

Thanks for your concern all :grinning: I’m on the mend now… it’s just these pesky ribs that are still giving me a bit of trouble :+1:

@Mew1 I fell head first but I didn’t bang my head - so no concussion, thankfully - my outstretched hands took the brunt, and I twisted to the right as I fell which is why my ribs got clattered.

Very bored sat at home… so I might take a walk, slowly, this evening… back to the scene of the crime :ambulance: :grin:

4 Likes

Today is 1000th day that I’m visiting this forum! :star_struck: :partying_face: :trophy: :fireworks: :tada: :one: :zero: :zero: :zero:
I am happy to be part of this wonderful community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

8 Likes

So how is everyone doing today?

1 Like

I’m feeling pretty good today, thanks @Brobraam for asking.

The sun is out, and for the first time since before Xmas all of my household plumbing issues have been resolved (touch wood). Leaks fixed :white_check_mark: Boiler working :white_check_mark: Heating on :white_check_mark:

I might even have a bath :bathtub:! :grinning:

How are you?

3 Likes

Currently not very busy at all. Just a few weeks until my finals. Little bit stressed

But I’ll play some games in the meantime

2 Likes

Started my second year at my acting school today. Japan’s class contact hours are insane. Just came back home from 10am-8pm of classes today. Tomorrow is only 10am-1pm luckily, but I’m suppose to have a yukata. Forgot to buy one until today so I won’t get it until after class tomorrow.

3 Likes

So they ask you to use traditional outfit at school? Never seen something like this in Germany.

Well, in Spain I have seen children with an uniform going to school… but now I’m out of age to go there.

An acting school, very interesting. Maybe, when you have time, you could tell us more.

1 Like

It’s only for certain classes. Last year, I had to wear a traditional summer pajama called a jinbei in a 3 hour class, but it was for a certain play where we were rivaled with the voice acting students. This time it’s for a traditional Japanese dancing class for the whole semester I think. So my homeroom teacher already told me to just watch how the others wear it tomorrow.

I can do that. I’d prefer answering questions because I get worried if I talk too much about it, and it ends up annoying some people. But if I’m sure it’s something unique to a Japanese school, I usually like to share that.

2 Likes

Well, I can talk only for me, but your lifestyle is so different, so shurely I cannot imagine you could tell me something boring. :slight_smile:
Thirty years ago I changed from Germany to Spain, and I thought in the beginning that I will never be completely integrated. But now I see I have learned a lot from seeing and living a different culture. And I’m shure you could show me very interesting things from there where you are.

2 Likes

If people finds it boring here they probably don’t read it. I’m interested

This is the one thread for which any topic is fair game.

1 Like

If you guys insist :stuck_out_tongue:

That first class was just teaching everyone how to do up a yukata properly and sitting in that traditional position where you’re on your knees and sitting on your feet. Since I never learnt to sit that way, my feet started hurting in less than 5 minutes. I’m dreading doing that again next week, lol. But I was surprised that nobody knew how to put on a yukata. I thought it’s something you would do in high school.

Yesterday, I did “jazz” dancing class that continues on from last year. For acting and dancing classes, we spend about an hour doing stretches and warm up, then the remaining 30 mins is for the actual acting or dance lesson. So by the time we get to the dance lesson, I’m already drenched in sweat. So I ended up a little delirious after class. I said jazz, but it’s actually more like pop or some street style. It’s really good exercise, but if I’m not careful, I could pull a muscle. The teacher is a short, possibly mid-20s girl that can do the splits, so she has us try the splits as well. Now my whole body is aching, and I have an action class later. Hopefully there’s no full body actions like tossing me to the ground today. I also had a voice training class with just some breathing exercises. I think we start bringing our own songs to try singing next week.

Besides that, Tokyo is about to go into its third lockdown on the 25th. It’s not much of a lockdown since it’s not enforced, but shops and restaurants will either reduce business hours or close until end of the lockdown.
Interestingly, I just saw on the news that ANA Airlines has opened up a plane to use as a first class and business class restaurants. It’s expensive (first class seat is $500+ I think), but I get the need to do this.

3 Likes

All dancing/acting/singing schools in Japan include this traditional features, or are you on your way to do this acting I’ve seen very intrigued in some televisions?

I’m not sure about all, but I think at least most would have a traditional class. The school I go to is a dance and acting vocational school, but compared to acting, there are more dance classes with different styles that depends on the course. There’s also a class for storytelling using pictures (kamishibai), which I think is what monks do to teach ethics or something to people who couldn’t read.
So yeah, there are a variety of classes and courses, including traditional stuff. One of my classmates switched to theme park dancing last year, then returned to acting this year for some reason. Another girl switched to a singing course at a nearby building. The buildings are separated out, but the dance, acting, and music departments are under one school.

1 Like

Finally completed that damn stage. The third stage will probably not be too hard.

Just glancing at the image of the new Xerneas made me think, “Alolan Cobalion?”

Whatever. How long will they keep putting off Black Kyurem and Sylveon?

1 Like

" Evolve a Dragonair or use a Charged TM on a Dragonite to teach it Draco Meteor "
finallly we can teach evolved pokemon exclusive moves during an event.
Hope this will be a consistent approach now…

1 Like

Is there any reason to blow a raid pass on Pidove other than to shiny-check the boss? Only if raid bosses got better shiny odds might I be tempted.

I just got an idea

How about renaming the “share your exp” to “The EXP-share” because the exp-share was an item in the main series games

It might be just a stupid idea but I think it could be cool