Latias is returning as a Raid Boss for a Raid Weekend

While it hasn’t been confirmed that Palkia is leaving for that time or not, it would not surprise me if Palkia remained during the time. It does suck, since it does leave a 50/50 chance for any hatch to be Latias, and then stack that up against the Shiny chance? Not really favorable.

Yup, I think thats a shiny Latias per 32 eggs? Or maybe 48

Tweet from a PoGO community manager. So its pretty much confirmend.
With the system we have in place for raiding here we can avoid unnecessary travel, but if youre doing raid trains those unwanted tier 5 hatches really get in the way.

Thankfully, there are still people who want to do Palkia, but yeah, it’s annoying for the Shiny Hunters. Honestly, if I can just get one good video, I’m good.

A warning about Latias: be careful about throwing at Latias at the top. If you do that and fail to catch, any future throws in the round will be skewed, so the best way to do it is to either wait until she’s at the bottom and throw then, or throw consistently when she’s at the top.

You can see me struggle a bit with the ball throws here as a result:

2 Likes

I hate to triple post, but this is news:

Latias has been extended to March 1st, so we get a full week of chances.

2 Likes

Some will happy about, doesn’t excite me.

After doing like 10 raids, we’ve seen 2 shinies
Why is the probability this low again? I wouldnt mind it if she was here for a month like it used to be, but a week of this low catchrates seems like a bad idea to me

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more, @Necrozmadabest. Congrats on the 2, anyway. If your schedule and patience permit more raiding during the remainder of Latias-raid week, It would be great if the shiny rate increases to make up for that early disappointment.

Im 0 for 35 right now…

4/6 caught, 0/6 shiny so far but im not complaining yet. Didnt have too much time to raid yet cause of work. Crazy amount of spawns though. If it keeps up like this and i dont have a shiny nearing the end date ill just drag a friend and his girlfriend in my car and well do a raid train of 10-15 after eachother. Shouldnt be a problem with these spawns.

Reluctantly did 2 more of these after the 3hr Clampearl day to help someone else. They got a Shiny on the first one.
No Shiny or great IV for me but I did fluke catching both.
With all the reports suggesting the Shiny rate is very low it hardly inspires me to do any more this week. Not that it matters as the week will be 35-39 degree C days so no hope of keeps phones cool enough with no air con in the car.

1 Like

If you can, do some raids in the last two days, I guarantee the rates will get rised as always

Use batterij saving mode, the phone should stay cooler.

1 Like