How was Your Community day

I didn’t play much on the first day, I was busy. But on the second day I could play so I got 9 shinies in total: 3 on the first day and 6 on the second. I went to the town center, used glacial and mossy lure and stayed there most of the Day 2. I got all the Eeveelutions regular and shiny (2 of each for shiny), I did the special research and got some good Eevee and Eeveelutions. I didn’t try as hard to find more shiny Eevee because I had some from the previous Eevee CD and it was very hot here. In the end, I am happy with the results, I did everything that I wanted.

3 Likes

And as always

May the shiny odds be ever in your favour

1 Like

I might play for about an hour in the early hours, but I’ve got rehearsal from noon till night :sob:

Got an entire minute to play the game, exceeding my expectations. And I actually found a shiny, and already had enough candy to evolve it. Let’s hope that there is a community day recap because I want more of them shiny oshawott

3 Likes

Did the 200km Drive to my CD spot Friday night. Slept in the new car both nights (it’s not as comfortable as the old one :disappointed:)
Did a heap of Raids on Gyms on the Saturday to get those road to Gold points up. Did some nominations too.
For CD I did 1/2 manual catching and other 1/2 GoPlus. Did a couple Raids for more Gold Badge points.
No 100% again/still
15/590ish Shiny
Evolved the L40 100% Oshy I already had.
Now have to Trade like crazy all those Oshy for >100km Trades before Duskull CD rolls around.

3 Likes

Had to work from noon to 8, but managed to squeeze in an hour of CD from my desk (the first 55 mins and final 5 minutes, while on break). Regular Lure on the stop next door, Incense, Lucky Egg, and StarPiece for about 70 Oshawotts for main and alt. Both accts got one shiny, and neither got anything with CP over 90. I won’t complain about my lowest shiny rate for a Community Day, though, since my previous day was so shiny.

3 Likes

I got in about 200 catches 9 shiny, but not one better than 91 IV… So I have to say it’s more a bad CD day.

1 Like

The CD was good. I found 11 shinies, evolved 7 Samurott with Hydro Cannon and got 1 from the special research.

3 Likes

Caught 13 shiny otters this Community day. This is probably the most I’ve played Pokemon Go in one day. Also managed to do some other cool things that day which I will make other posts for.

4 Likes

I’ll bore you all with what was an eventful lead into my CD.
I left home at 4:30pm Friday afternoon to travel to my CD spot 240km away. Had to take a long route as I needed to get back into a Gym I lost in a small town that only needed 2 more days to Gold. It was blue with 4 spots so got back in.
Left from there and it was just getting dark. This is the worst time Kangaroos (Roos) on the road. Was 30m behind a farm 4x4 towing a slasher on a trailer when all of a sudden a Roo he just hit came out from under the trailer. Had to swerve big time to miss it. Would have done some damage if I hit it as my SUV does not have a big bull bar on the front.
After heart rate settled it was another hour before I got to my next stop point to get back into 2 Gyms in an old abandoned railway town in the middle of no where. Lost these 2 3 days short of 1 sitting Gold. Got there and had to restart the phone to load up Gyms and stops as game hadn’t updated position. Took forever to reload but got there eventually and took back both Gyms. Another 45min and I was at my stop and sleep spot for the night.

Had a restless sleep and woke around 8am.
Got up to spin the stops and build up ball count more before the CD. Took forever to get game started and when it did start it was slow and stuttering and heaps of death circle. Gave up and went into the town to get a bite to eat. Realised then that I’d left my bike helmet in the other car so had to try and find where I could get a new helmet. Nothing in the town so I drove to the next town 20min away. All during this time I was still having connection issues.
Couldn’t find a shop that had bike helmets so another drive to the next town 15min away.

Got lucky there as they only had 3 helmets in M/L. It was 10min into the CD by the time I got back to the car. Found a spot to leave the car unpacked the bike and off I went in a town not where I had planned to play. With just under 2hrs to go I’d rode the whole town spinning every stop letting the Go Plus do the catching.
Put the bike back in the car and headed back to town #2 and finished the day out there.

All up results.
Around 650 catches
No 100% as usual
26 Shiny
Evolved my 100% to get Shadow Ball

3 Likes

12 shinies. No 100%ers

2 Likes

12 encounters.
1 shiny

5 minutes
I’m satisfied; managed to get some time almost an hour after community day so I could evolve my shiny duskull to dusknoir just in time

2 Likes

This time I played in a city near my town. I used an incense and the first Duskull that I got was shiny! :sparkles: I got 8 shinies in total and I already had one with good IVs from before. I was lucky to find a hundo Duskull! :star_struck: I evolved 7 Dusknoir with Shadow Ball and got one from the special research. It was raining the whole time so it was hard to play. But I managed to get many good Duskull, a lot of stardust and I took over some gyms.

4 Likes

As I said in my post in Let’s Talk (anything), I have been too busy. I couldn’t give myself time to play much in Community Day, and caught only about 5 Duskulls.

1 Like

I’m having some pre-community day fun

Getting the old gang together to play! For hr first time since covid

2 Likes

Almost became the worst Community Day ever, as it would have been the first that I didn’t get a hundo–in a day I actually participated in–but in the last hour, I got my hundo. :smiley:

As I have shown in the shiny thread, I caught a Shundo, so I’m really happy.

I didn’t have shiny Shinx before this CD so I was happy that I could finally get it. 3rd Shinx that I found was shiny. I got 8 shinies in total. I evolved 6 Luxray with Psychic fangs and got one from the special research. I loved the reduced egg distance and I bought the special box with incubators. It was a good CD.

1 Like

Did my usual drive 200km to my CD location the day before and did a few Raids for GymXP and cashed in on the Larvitar quests.
Spent the whole 6hrs of CD on the push bike chasing Pokestop Quests all over town letting the GoPlus do the bulk of the catching.
Maxed the bag out (5000) with 40min to go. Cleared some space and finished the day catching my first CD 100% since Larvitar on the 5th to last catch of the day. Other acct got same one Shundo :grinning:.
In a strange twist I doubled back where I came from to keep a Gym in sight range that I was hoping would hatch a Salamance which gave me that 100%.

Summary
720 catches
27 Shiny - best 93% from quest
1x 100% Normal

1 Like

I didn’t get any amazing IV shinx, but overall i’m still happy with the community day. Got to catch up with some old friends, got 15 shiny in 2 and a half hour. Give me more sunday community days please.

1 Like