How to complete Mythical Discovery No.5: catch 10 ghost-type pm

Has anyone confirmed whether evolving ghost pokemon counts? I have a ton of gastly but not enough candy to evolve. Just wanted to know before I started sacrificing.

IT doesnt. Only catches while quest is on.

1 Like

Do graveyards, at night, with incense. Graveyards are the best way to get ghost types, especially if there is a pokestop there!

Please do not do graveyards at night. As its still unconfirmed by many top sites and researchers. Churches and suburban areas at night are where you will find them. I wouldn’t put too much faith in holly as well as she has been wrong on predictions before. The last one being in her video she stated venusaur with FP was not gonna be that good and as the simulations have shown its now the best grass mon.

2 Likes

Top sites can be wrong. personal testingg really the only way cause area and country and timing and luck all have to be accounted for. You may never see a ghost or see 10 all at once.:man_shrugging:t5:jusr use incense and walk around at night anywhere.

So assuming silph road is wrong with gamepress along with many others. I live in a big city next to the city graveyard. Even scanners that would show ghost types around whole metropolitan areas over several weeks would show that graveyards where not the greatest place for them.

1 Like

Ghosts should be majority anywhere at night + incense so if graveyards arent your thing(not mine just giving out advice)

Do the 3 great throw challenge that has pokemon encounter it gives gastly.

edit - Or churches. No one is demanding anyone to go graveyard. I wouldnt go there myself if it wasnt for my gf dad taking me there which was funny cause it had the most stops near each other in the city we live in.

1 Like

Except they will not be the majority of mons out unless its foggy or your in a nest of them like a shuppet one. As common and weather boosted mon will be the majority. Ghost just have a increased spawn at night but by no means are they the majority.

Back to back no drizzy.
Rest of the quests are easy for me. Goodluck fellow trainers.

1 Like

I’ve spotted most Ghastlies in town (grass-land biome), usually within 150 meters from a water-biome as well, but the latter might be coïncidence. Not to mention, my town has an old moat, which means most of the towncenter falls within the “near a water-biome” category anyway.

Pretty scared to even catch Mew.

I seen Mew run.
I seen Mew turn into Ditto.

I thought Mew had a 100% catch rate but just was difficult to get first try as it goes funny on AR?

I’m also on the ghost stretch. Do egg hatches count?

Eggs dont count.

Also due to shadowbans and glitches and what not idk tbh. I heard mew has a 0.01% to run

and i have on video Mew turning into ditto was gonna make a topic but this forum
doesnt allow videos. Isnt my video but i scree recorded it off twitter! its mindblowing seeing Mew turn into Ditto!!

1 Like

Mew has a 100% catch rate, unless you under shadow ban where it has 100% flee rate… though not sure what triggers the shadow ban, if it is only third party users or if innocent grinders are getting it too.

2 Likes

Some people shadow banned showed they caught it also.

Mmm I think it’s all just early teething problems really. What happens if it turns into a ditto? Do you get another chance to catch?

1 Like

No you lose chance of ever getting Mew. I have the video. It’s crazy.

Could you link the tweet or youtube vid?

I dont suppose you would believe me if i said its fake right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Twitter sources arent very reliable for pokemon GO related stuff, unless they link to a trustworthy website.

1 Like