41. How many gold gym badges do you have?

Another one in Town 2 Golded to be 4/7 there.
Switched back to hitting the country towns again last night as Areas 1&2 have become heavily infested wth spoofer activity over the last 2 weeks. I’ve caught 6 different ones using multiple accts there and in home area very recently.
I have a number of Gyms progressing at the same rates down there but progress is slowing due to these filthy lazy turds so it’s time to work elsewhere for a while.
Running out of days to get to the 340 target by end of year.

2 Likes

Got #71 and #72 today.

#71 - this is right next to an ex raid gym which I also have been working on in a small park in a residential area. I can reach both gyms from inside the car. My mon was able to stay overnight and it turned gold.

#72 - this was a pokestop turning into a new gym that turnover rate is high (it looks like many players are working on it). It turned gold after a Regice raid.

1 Like

Turned #104 Gold this morning. No more gyms left in my town to turn gold. Got some in town where I work that I guess I’ll work on.

2 Likes

One from area 2 managed to survive 2 days and after unloading 90 berries it went Gold. 3/26 in that area now with 2 others that are 2-3 days to go but I’m not in any of those.

2 Likes

Nr 20

4 Likes

Another in Area 2 gone Gold for 4/26 there.
This was my last Gold Gym of 2019. Held off reporting straight away as I was hoping for one from Area 3 as well but that got knocked out.
Currently have 7 Gyms needing 5 days or less.

3 Likes

Another one Gold in Area 2. This one came with a lot of satisfaction as I stayed out longer than normal after work and caught the spoofer at it again. Have only been getting 2-3hrs at a time when I do this one after work on afternoon shift. This morning I was wide awake by the time I normally set off back home so I hung around the area chasing rocket stops.
Saw Gym being battled so I walked over to Gym and no one was around within range so rather than GRazz it I waited fo see who it was. Sure enough same name I’ve caught in the area before.
As soon as they dropped in sent them packing back to mums basement un contested. Hung around for another hour ready to do it again but 6hrs later I’m still in and Gold.

3 Likes

Got #73 today, this is the ex raid gym right next to #71. I was able to put my mon before Party Hat Wobbuffet raid and got a 98% regular from the raid. After several hours and berry feeding it turned gold.

This is the third gold gym that I did not battle in at all, only by raiding and putting my mon there. Total time defended in this gym is less than 4 days. This is a challenge I gave to myself.

3 Likes

My Gabite came back from Area 1 2days ago and hadn’t realised the Gym had turned Gold until today.
Discovered some new Gyms added recently in Areas 1 & 2 Saturday night.
Area 1 now has 30
Area 2 now has 28
A new one appeared just out of game screen site from home over the weekend and 2 others less than 5mins drive in areas I regularly play in the last 2 weeks also.

2 Likes

Got #74 today, this is a restaurant couple blocks away from #67. Its turn over rate is high because it’s a restaurant, so I have to do more raids there to advance the badge, time defended there is a bit less than 4 and half days.

2 Likes

#341 & #342

None of these are from the areas or country towns.
Both are part of cleaning up Gyms that were new after I had finished in the area.
341 was one I could only hit in daylight hours for safety concerns (rough area). Really happy to be done with this one.
The other was on one the several possible routes I can take to get to work.

Found the large country town 10min from home has 4 new Gyms taking it to 31. I’m only 14/31 there and have deliberately made it a slow burn when I need a change from other focus areas for a bit.
Have also made starts on around 20 randoms while nest farming.

2 Likes

Got #75 today, this gym has legal parking inside a high school parking lot, I have to legally park and work on the gym during school days. But others would still illegal park and take gyms at nights, weekend, and holidays.

Running out of gyms with legal and easily accessible parking in my city, might need to work further abit.

2 Likes

Turned #105 Gold last night.

3 Likes

35 gold badges! :medal_sports:

2 Likes

Got #76 gold today, this gym is at the entrance of the park that has #69 and #70, so it is not ex raid eligible. Took it over, put my mon there, feed some berries, after several hours it turned gold.

2 Likes

Got a few coming up

3 Likes

I see some badges even I have gold by almost not coming there. :joy:

3 Likes

#343, #344 & #345

Went out Friday and worked the towns over instead of going to our usual Friday night area.
343 and 344 from Town 2 didn’t need much work to complete off. Now completed 6 of 7 there with number 7 coming back 2 days before the other 2 or that may have made it as well.

345 was an opportunity drop in 2 weeks ago in a town where we always have lunch after my golf group’s annual Xmas Cup Golf game. We had to re-schedule that game for Jan due to the area in severe danger from bushfires. I’ve had a few very short stays and was expecting the same but have been pleasantly surprised with Gold.

4 Likes

Number 37

3 Likes

#346, #347 and # #348

First one was a very long grind from Area 1. Now sitting at 26/30 there.
Next 2 are from Town 3 after lasting a couple of days. Now sitting on 3/4 there with the 4th Gym on 6-7 days to go.
Town 2 is 6/7 with the 7th one so close a battle and drop in might be enough to get it done.
I drove out further (60-90min from home) and did some recon starting on a few more towns. Over half of them are still in after 4 days.

4 Likes