Going to Pokémon GO Fest Chicago!

@apavlinovic

I live here in the city of Chicago ~7mi (~11km) from Grant Park where the event will be held, I will definitely be buying a ticket and taking part in the event to the fullest! I’m happy to help out the GO Hub however I can!

I agree that releasing legendaries in conjunction with the 1 year anniversary is a pretty great/convenient idea. That being said, the event in Chicago is likely to be a nice celebration with merchandise give-aways as well as a lot more merchandise available for purcha$e (marketing). I still believe that legendaries will be released and available to all trainers at the same time, so if they are released during this event, I really don’t think it would be only for trainers who could make it to Chicago. I really think they will be for everyone!

1 Like

Mother of reporting! We’re in dire need of boots on the ground, so anything you can share would be awesome. Live updates, pictures, etc…

I feel that this will be what the event will be like:

Over 15 lures active for the duration of the event.
Super increased chance of rares spawning (like Snorlax every 10 mins).
Maybe a regional switch so people could get Heracross in Chicago

There might be a worldwide legendary debut there so those who go can get them early.
I can’t go because it’s too far from the UK, but I hope those that can go have a great time!

My parents live in Chicago. My son and I are planning to travel from Minnesota. Waiting on more specific details and the price of the event.

I’m leaning towards a special avatar item, similar to the Minecraft capes given to attendees at Minecon. Also maybe the distribution of master balls or special eggs containing your teams legendary mon. Just a thought…

1 Like

Also I’m planning on going and hope to record a vlog and report of the entire trip. I also know that my luck is similar to Charlie Brown meets Clark Griswald, but I’m gonna try to leave that gray cloud in Akron and make the journey 6 hours west. Half my family lives there, so it’ll be nice to see them for a couple days anyway.

That would ruin the point of a regional exclusive, so I hope they don’t do that

Personally, I think so as well. I said that based on the promo image with a random Heracross shown in Chicago. No one really knows, but it could very well happen.

Be there with my daughter booked at Fairmont as well

Chime in If you are successful at getting your ticket.

I read that trainers staying at Fairmont can get one-hour early access at 9am.

I’d like to meet GO Hub trainers who are going, at Fairmont’s breakfast if possible.