General Chat - GO Snapshot announced: Take AR Photos of Pokémon from the Storage

Not so much. And I’ll take the entirety of the blame for that, because when it comes to the use of AR (whether in the game or in this semi-photoshop feature) I could never really get my give-a-darn in gear.

Catching with AR(+) isnt nearly as easy (and therefore useful, since you wont use an unreliable method on good Pokemon) as normal catching
Being able to take photos like that means you are no longer locked to catching it and can freerly experiment with the camera at no expense
One is a cool feature that eases up what many people tried to do in the other one

2 Likes

Some extra info I found by digging on Reddit:

3 Likes

NEARLY EVERY ANDROID PHONE
Androids has more sales than iphone (I don’t want a fight with anyone, I’m just saying facts, look it up yourself), and most of their phones don’t have AR.

2 Likes

If you don’t have AR you don’t have AR+. Not possible lol
It’s like if you don’t have a cup you don’t drink water (yes there are other ways but that’s not the point.

ANNNND most phones don’t have AR so that means most people that play PoGo don’t have AR.
And how could you think everyone has AR?

Its not like you need AR to play the game

2 Likes

Eh, which of my questions were you anwsering?

1 Like

The first one is a reply to the question you asked me

1 Like

@Necrozmadabest this one

1 Like

Most of the phones do have AR, its literally just pinning a Pokemon based on how you turn the phone

2 Likes

To be fair, it looks pretty nifty, whether I have plans to come up to speed and use it or not. Hope y’all have tons of fun with it.

1 Like

Not true
Maybe where you live and maybe on this site but literally every ik in la that plays the game doesn’t have ar

1 Like

Ehhh, are you sure you dont mean AR+?
Because AR isnt difficult to do at all, it pretty much only requires gyroscope if Im not mistaken

Yes I know
I don’t have gyroscope

1 Like

My first phone did not have Ar

Had to get a new phone to get AR

2 Likes

Niantic Should just release it now. I want to use it!!!

1 Like

I can’t see the update yet. And it is not yet in the APK mirror.

I have heard there is an update coming next weekend. Pretty sure it’ll include AR Snapshot.

That Intel leaked out before this weekend. So maybe 1pm PST (50 minutes from now)