Generation III - Gen 3 "Special Cases"

WURMPLE FAMILY
Wurmple can evolve into either a Silcoon or a Cascoon, dependent on stats. Similar to Tyrogue, Wurmple will most likely have a “?” next to it’s evolve button, Randomly deciding which of the two evolutions it will undergo- allowing for both evolutions.

SLAKOTH FAMILY
The final stage of this family, Slaking, can reach a whopping 5441 CP. That’s higher than Mewtwo and Ho-Oh. This is due to a lack of a “Truant” ability that would normally curb this pokemon’s strength by half. I have a feeling that Niantic will most likely half Slaking’s stats, making his max CP a much more reasonable 2720.

NINCADA FAMILY
The nincada family’s evolution is a 2-for-one deal, gifting the player both Shedinja and Ninjask after evolving Nincada in the main series games. I think that Nincada’s evolution candy requirement should be 100 candy, To account for the two new pokemon.

AZURILL
Azurill is the baby form of Maril, effectively replacing it in eggs.

SPINDA

In the main series, no two spinda have the same spot pattern. So i suppose Spinda will come in pattern variations, similar to the Unown variants.

LUNATONE AND SOLROCK
In the dex entries for these two, Lunatone is powered by the night, and Solrock powered by the day. Lunatone will most likely only spawn at night, and Solrock only spawning in the day.

FEEBAS FAMILY
Feebas and MIlotic are similar to Magikarp and Gyarados- Feebas goes from an ugly fish to a glamourous serpent. However, this pokemon also requires a Prism Scale in the main games. So i predict A Prism Scale will be needed to evolve Feebas.

CASTFORM
Castform changes it’s appearance based on weather. It would be cool if you cound catch the four different kinds of Castform dependent on real world weather. (Hotter areas will spawn Sunny Form, Colder areas will spawn Snowy Form, Wetter areas will spawn Rainy Form)

WYNAUT
Same as Azurill- Wynaut would replace Wobbuffet in eggs.

CLAMPERL FAMILY
Clamperl’s evolutions BOTH Require a special item. A Deep Sea Scale will be needed for Gorebyss, and a Deep Sea Tooth for Huntail.

GEN 3 PSEUDO-LEGENDARIES (BAGON FAMILY & BELDUM FAMILY)
Both Salamence and Metagross are classed as Pseudo Legendaries- putting them on the same CP range as Tyranitar and Dragonite. These two families will be very rare in the wild. In addition, I’d expect there to be Salamence and Metagross 4-star raid bosses.

REGI TRIO
Another legendary trio is introduced this generation- The Regis. Like the other legendaries, i fully expect these three to be obtainable via raids only.

EON DUO
The eon duo consists of siblings Latias and Latios. I’d expect them both to cycle into legendary raids at the same time.

WEATHER TRIO
The three flagship legends of gen 3- Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. The max CP on both Kyogre and Groudon is an astonishing 4874, topping Mewtwo’s record of 4760. Rayquaza falls a bit short, only reaching 4354. Yadda yadda yadda raids.

GEN 3 MYTHICAL POKEMON (JIRACHI & DEOXYS)
These two are still a mystery, seeing as Mew and Celebi haven’t been quite figured out yet. But they sure do look cool. Damn.

5 Likes

Love the analysis. Hope @apavlinovic considers putting it on the Hub.

1 Like

Maybe one day they’ll have an Arceus raid. It would have to be a level 10 raid! My favorite legendary/mythic is Shaymin, so I can’t wait for her to appear in raids as well.

3 Likes