Game consuming a lot of internet data (Redmi Note 8 Pro)

Hit there guys.

Anyone with internet consumption problems playing Pokémon?

I used to play with a Samsung S7, but I changed to a Redmi Note 8 Pro with MIUI11, and I noticed that my internet data consumption has increased a lot while playing Pokémon!

While playing PokémonGO for one hour(going to work) I wasted 86,2 Mb of data with my Redmi Note 8 Pro, while a friend wasted 33,8 Mb over the day!

Enabling the option to check the data usage, I noticed that my device sometimes goes from 2~5kbp/s to about 100 kbp/s when I play the game, and 2 friends (one with Pocophone F1 and other with Mi 8 Lite) have theirs stabilized at 2~4 kbp/s. I know its only the speed of download, and not the total of data downloaded, but I dont think its right…

Anyone has any idea of what is happening and what can I do to waste less internet data? My internet plan wouldnt last the month like this… :face_with_head_bandage:

My smartphone screenshots:

Friend screenshots:

329 mb so far this month, so about 14mb a day.
My best guess could be that because its a new phone it has to download new assets whenever you encounter anything new. If thats the case it should be getting less.

3 Likes

This game requires larger data packages, so those with unlimited data have the best experience. I usually get about 10 GB of data used a month according to my data usage reports.

Not just on PoGO i hope :sweat_smile:

No, but a solid percentage of it. I have a fantastic data package with T-Mobile, and there isn’t risk of prioritization until I reach 55 GB in a single month.