Feb. Cd announced

There isn’t a regular player who hasn’t used a Sinnoh Stone yet. That would be disaster for Niantic.

I figured as much.

OH WAIT NOW WE HAVE THIS: https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1088160614176804864?s=20

So do you get 5 guaranteed sinnoh stones just like that when CD hours start? Do you need to battle again 5 times when CD hours start? Do you not get the 5 sinnoh stones if you have already done your battles before CD hours start?

Niantic really arent making this much clearer are they :sweat_smile:

----------EDIT-----------

> Hi Trainer, this is correct. Keep in mind that the Sinnoh Stone guarantee only applies to the first five battles on the day of your Community Day (i.e. Feb 16 for the Americas, Greenland, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India and Feb 17 for Asia-Pacific). Hope that helps! ^KM

So they say it counts the entire day, not just the 3 hours… Im not gonna be the first to try this cause i dont trust that to work at all.

I’m going to wait until deeper into Community Day hours before doing battles. Me and mine might call it quits two hours in and then focus on Pokemon battling to get those Sinnoh Stones. Thankfully, we also have another region of the world being the guinea pig before us. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, its possible to get three stones per day???

And can you try and clarify more?
Do the five battles have to be during cd hours, or can it be the first five battles of the day.

In any case, I think It would be smart to simply stock stones leading up to the event, just in case

Good for you, it must’ve come from a raid that I did

To be safe, I would wait until during the hours of the event itself to do it where you’re at. That’s what I plan to do.

It IS possible to get three Stones per day normally, but that is rare. My husband did it once, and never again. It’s actually possible to get up to SIX in a single day, since one reward is getting two Sinnoh Stones from a match, but that is the rarest reward of all, so it’s extremely unlikely.

Yes, if I’m right you can get even more than three Stones on a day, but you have to be extremely lucky, so I rather say that it’s not possible.

I literally just did…

Yeah this is annoying. I really hope the Americas is gonna get their guinea pig days aswell at some point. It would only be fair.

(Remembering fondly) I remember getting two sinnoh stones from one battle…(sigh) that was a good time, I’m back to stardust now.

But you can only get rewards from team leader battles once per day, right

yes

Yup. In short, four opportunities, but it’s a 1 in 8 chance to get a Sinnoh Stone from a PvP battle of any kind (1 in 4 it seems to get either a Sinnoh Stone or a Rare Candy). Just got to keep rolling the dice.

Are you sure that means 5 stones in the day instead of the usual 3? I took that to mean we can receive up to 5 rewards instead of the usual 3, rewards being stardust and/or sinnoh stone. I usually see 3 rewards a day and maybe one sinnoh stone, no matter how many times I battle pvp or vs trainer.

Hi Trainer, this is correct. Keep in mind that the Sinnoh Stone guarantee only applies to the first five battles on the day of your Community Day (i.e. Feb 16 for the Americas, Greenland, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India and Feb 17 for Asia-Pacific). Hope that helps! ^KM

Im not gonna take any chances and start doing battles once cd has started

It’s just like on the special raid days where we kept getting a raid pass on each gym. This time, you have to PvP someone to get a stone. I’ll be up to fight any of you as long as we are Ultra Friends that day. Working on @Jormdeworm and @Mew1 right now.

Yes, @bobbyjack8, we have 12 more days to become ultra for PvP battle, we should work on getting it done before Feb CD, and I will be ready to battle you, @Cup, @Pokemon, @Jormdeworm, etc.