Event Ideas For Niantic

I need to state that Hong Kong and Taiwan also celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival thus no worries about the regional problem. (Not sure about Japan)

Okay cool. I hope they donā€™ make it regional and let other parts of the world join in. It will also help people discover what Mid-Autumn Festival is.

ā€œWorldwide Bloomā€ was just another name for the Grass Event (https://pokemongohub.net/events/grass-event/) and does not revolve around a holiday.

World Water Day is not a ā€˜holidayā€™ but itā€™s a program/awareness campaign designed by the United Nations,and knowing that Niantic and the UN are working together (hence the ā€œGlobal Goalsā€ shirts you can find in-game) this was an excuse to have a water event.

Thanksgiving is not only celebrated in America, but also Canada (just on different days).

World Water Day is March 22; St. Patrickā€™s Day is March 17. Having two events in 1 week? Thatā€™s not the Niantic way!

Events donā€™t have to be revolved around a holiday; they can just release them whenever they want. An example of this is the Adventure Week.

1 Like

Your comment represents that there could be a possibility to hold a event frequently as Niantic want to.

Yeah but itā€™d be better if they werenā€™t money hungry and made events for holidays for different cultures so that the community can learn more about the world around them and world cultures than to just have events because of Nianticā€™s sponsors.

Yep the test of Ex raid in Taiwan shows that they may consider holding event on Mid-Autumn Festival.

Oh my god this is going to be so cool!

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m saying. Niantic can do whatever it wants whenever it wants.

1 Like

Letā€™s change the topic to: What festival-based events may Niantic consider to hold?

For the Chinese (Lunar) New Year, some of the people in Japan also celebrates it (of course involving HK and Taiwan once again) so I bet the possibility of holding a Chinese New Year event is 60%.

You see? thereā€™s allways a plus and a reverseā€¦ like in life.

Niantic has enough problems to win money, before incluying more they will reject these ones

If Niantic listen to our fan baseā€™s opinion, Pokemon GO is going to be ā€˜greatā€™ again. Pokemon GO should be working under a regular basis of events to prevent players from quitting the game.

I have a feeling someone on the forum is working for Niantic

:thinking:Who are you taking about? Hope the guy who works for Niantic could report our opinion to improre Pokemon GO.

I donā€™t know but sometimes when the hub forum suggests something then they plan to release it

1 Like

If so, our opinions may be acknowledged by Niantic and are planned to follow them.

Yeah which means they are working on new features that we suggest

1 Like

Wow then they may be working on new type of evolutions (link trade, gaining Pokemon happiness, learning movesets) with limitations (gender, time, places),the feature of encountering Pokemon before capturing them, abilities, additional pokeballs and something even more which were suggested by us.

Back to topic, the original story of Ho-oh comes from China therefore Niantic may release Ho-oh during the Chinese New Year event.

That would be cool. It would be in EX raids