Eggs hatching eggs šŸ˜µ

Phew, thought you would be gone until this time tonmorow :sweat_smile:

Attach your phone to the top of a roomba and just let it do its thing.

3 Likes

What is a roomba again?

1 Like

Robot vacuum cleaner

2 Likes

Oh, thought it was that :sweat_smile:. Maybe they are in Africa.

2 Likes

The fan on the ceiling will NOT work, since Pokemon go is no pedometer but an app which uses geolocation to determine distance. But a pokewalker from Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver will work with the ceiling fan since that actually is a pedometer.

2 Likes

Is there a city centre or something like that where there are a lot of shops? Perhaps you could go there and then walk around for your eggs

When Iā€™m tired of walking I find that a big parking lot where everybody drives slowly to find a space works well for me. Try to spin a stop or catch a pokemon every time you turn around or just turn, else flaky network can wind up getting you credit for less (or even no) km.

Or find a place where your trainer keeps pacing around constantly looking for his location; an hour of that can rack up some distance while you just sit (or park).

2 Likes

Egg distance gets updated every 4 minutes, so itā€™s best to walk straight for 4 minutes and when the distance updates you can change direction.

1 Like

perhaps this can help. I used this to get my 20km for the eeveelutions for the celibi quest.in notime and with ease:

I have a spot at home where this is proven to work. Look for a similar place

When at home and i have the game running, i close my phone, drive to the roundabout at the end of the street, turn left and drive to the next intersection. There is a gym where i can park. There i reopen my phone. Once updated, BAM, 500 meters gained on my eggs (and buddy). Close the phone, drive home, open phone, update, 500 meterā€¦
I use this all the time when hatching eggs to time it with star pieces

important:

• donā€™t be too fast. Distance tracking caps at 10,5km/h (IIRC). so driving 500 meter in 1 minute = too fast.
  • donā€™t be too slow. As mentioned before in this topic: egg distance updates every 4 minutes. This trick has often worked for me over longer distances and time but is not garanteed.
  • Note that i keep saying closing the phone and not the app.
  • you need to find a sweetspot where you can do this. Experiment with closing and reopening your phone. It might even be enough if you have a spawnspot to close your phone while driving to the next spawspot.
3 Likes

Nice Guide :wink:

Brazilā€™s not the safest place to walk around with your phone hanging either. What I do is keep my phone in my pocket with the screen on (Make sure to activete the battery saver option on game settings). You canā€™t catch pokemon this way, but it will get you some distance progress.
And also, donā€™t walk alone/middle of the night!

1 Like

I think better is a GO+ in this cases, the phone in the pocket with blacked screen, and the GO+ let the app still work and you have a chance of 50% to catch mons, apart of recollecting km and things from the stops.

1 Like

IMHO the Go+ is nice but is only usefull for tracking distance when walking. When driving of even on a bike the thing rarely will add distance.

1 Like

If you go with the bike like Armstrong, it doesnā€™t work, hihi, but I make a lot of km doing ā€œwalksā€ with my bike.

1 Like

You are back! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

So does rolling a pringles can back and forth with your phone in itā€¦ one time I got 1 km in a half hourā€¦wouldnt reccommend if you want to hatch fast

2 Likes

Walking is faster :rofl:

2 Likes