Eevee quests - A Ripple In Time Quests - Celebi TIPS to know

I got your back :wink:

1 Like

By the way, the best time to evolve to get Espeon/Umbreon is right after you walk your buddy Eevee for 10.1 km and get two Eevee candies, why RIGHT AFTER? It’s because after you evolve your buddy Eevee, the buddy (Espeon/Umbreon) distance is reset to 0. Say if you walk your buddy Eevee for 10.9 km and evolve it, you will lose the 0.9 km. kind of effort waste, it did happen to me.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, you could put it in the “Celebi TIPS to know” topic

1 Like

can someone help to move it? :sweat_smile:

I know that, but I mean if I havent walked 10km since Ive last switch buddies (so that the Eevee does have over 10km total, but didnt walk it all at once)

if the eevee has 10km on it simpy put it as buddy an evolve

Not when you are walking them. I gave my Eevees random names and they evolved into Espeon & Umbreon.

Buddies save the amount they walked. Once the bottom line says 10KM YOUR gucci.

The main buddy walk line is just for candy.

1 Like

Hmm but why should you change your buddy when you have yet to walk 100m only?

Probably prewalked before task.

1 Like

It has to be 10km in full to get the two candies - 9.99km doesn’t count, unless there’s an unknown glitch (which could be entirely possible with a new update).

Captain Obvious says walk your two eevee evolves their 10km each, switch to whatever other buddy, and then when it comes time to do the Espeon/Umbreon task in the Celebi quest, just switch to that eevee as your buddy.

Gee thanks Captain Obvious, what else does the experienced trainer need to know from a 2 month newbie??

EDIT:
Eevee buddy bar is 5km for a candy, I’m now wondering if you walk in 2 separate 5km blocks if that counts too, or if it has to be a continuous 10km block… hmm, I’d try it myself, but my app/gps is a bit rubbish at accurately reflecting the actual distance I’ve been walking

You also must walk Eevee for 10KM “during” the task and recieve 2 candies to finish it.

Prewalking did nothing for me but waste time.

edit- So prewalking is like two Espeon two umbreon instead of doing task then evolving that same buddy

1 Like

See that’s why I shouldn’t try and answer questions while I’m at work - me no multi brain task good, arrghh :laughing:

burp its okay rick aww jheezz

1 Like

I mean, I first walk 9km, then change buddy, then get the Eevee back and wlak another 1 km
Will she still evolve into Espeon/Umbreon?

I don’t think that will work.
Best to try that on a throw away rather than have it fail on a good one.

1 Like

I’m going to say no, the Eevee buddy bar is 5km, so you’ll get the first candy for the 1st 5km, but if you swap out part way thru the 2nd 5km bar then you lose that progress (the bar is an “All or Nothing” setup).

Wow!
A lot of problems if you do not use correctly the Eevee that you received from the quests, OMG.

You only need to do this for the first time if you haven’t got a. Umbreon or Espeon

2 Likes

I saw this in another website.
Have you saw it before?
Rename to evolve lol, OMG!!!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-10-pokemon-go-eevee-evolution-how-to-evolve-eevee-vaporeon-jolteon-flareon-umbreon-espeon