Does this mean Spoofers are here to stay?

And Niantic will never prevent 100% of the players from cheating.

Certainly Niantic has the same thought as you. Spoofing is not worthwhile to be handled with, so that theyā€™re now working on things like gen 3 and PvP.

I agree with everyone here but hereā€™s a question I ask what about someone that lives in the middle of no where and the closest pokestop is around an hour away and closest gym even farther. If they spoofed just to be able to catch PokĆ©mon but never took over gyms whatā€™s the issue there? It seems everyoneā€™s complaint is spoofers take the gyms for coins and I agree thatā€™s in no way fair but what about the people that that donā€™t take the gyms but spoof just have pokestops and PokĆ©mon and the ability to play? Or the people that are disabled and donā€™t have the ability to move around? Is it fair for them to be fans of the game and want to play but never get to due to things they canā€™t control? So long as they arenā€™t taking over gyms and never leaving them to rack up coins I donā€™t see an issue if they spoof so they can be able to play the game and bought poke-coins if they ever needed them.

3 Likes

Spoofing is (as a LOT of people have said) something that is not going away in a hurry. It is also not something that has as much impact as it used to. Spoofers used to be able to put 20, 30, 50 mons in gyms & collect coins for having them there if they stayed there for 24+hrs. Now the max is 50 coins per 24hrs for ALL mons placed then knocked out. This is (or should be) a deterrent for most who spoof & bot.
So are spoofers still really ruining the game? From my POV, no. They get the same amount of coins as anyone else (notwithstanding they may have multiple accounts) and can place the same number of mons in gyms (but if youā€™re worried about gyms that have multiple ā€˜spooferā€™ mons in them - maybe farm some potions & spend 20mins taking it downā€¦).
It takes 3 rounds to defeat most gyms if you know what youā€™re doing (if you donā€™t, search YouTube for battle tips from Trainer tips or Prodigies Nation) so thereā€™s no reason to still be winging about spoofers in gyms.

**For rural players, please take this post with a grain of salt - Iā€™m in an urban location in Australia with the ability to farm stops/mons for revives & potions daily travelling to & from work on public transport, so this post represents MY point of view, not those who donā€™t have that luxury.

1 Like

Iā€™ll agree with that. My defense of spoofers is because of people I know. I personally am able to drive out to the nearest pokestops and gyms on a daily basis and do so as I work in that area, but thatā€™s around a hour to hour and half drive from the town I live in. However I have a friend who is disabled and unable to do so. Iā€™ll agree he could take some form of public transportation but the issue there is when you live in extremely poor rural Eastern Kentucky there is no public transportation services in our town or area. So the only way he is able to play is to spoof which I have no problem with. He doesnā€™t take and hold gyms he only catches mons farms pokestops and helps do raids. If he wants coins heā€™s always bought them so I personally donā€™t have a problem with people like him spoofing because otherwise how do they receive fair and equal opportunity to play.

2 Likes

in this game all cheatā€¦using car is like spoofā€¦thats all

No it isnā€™t, and only a moron would make such a comparison. That or someone just trying to justify their own cheating. Spotting you guys is so easy.

3 Likes

Can we stop confusing impact with prevalence.

Also there is a huge difference between a deterrent and removing motivation.

Perhaps I am nitpicking your word choice. But given the context of your post, its purpose is to paint spoofers in a much more positive, or less negative light. Iā€™m sorry but I canā€™t let that slide.

For the average person their gym participation and coin collection has gone up. So the gym rework was a win. Also given that all players are limited to 50 coins motivation for monopolizing a gym has diminished. Spoofers are inherently selfish people. @ironman presents the most recent of tall tales to justify spoofing. I can tell you that even if his story is trueā€¦ it is absolutely the exception and not the rule. Unless this country has suddenly become full of people who are disabled. Because spoofers are selfish they donā€™t really need a reason to do what they do, and they donā€™t care the impact it has on others. Perhaps their ONLY motivation is to get gold in as many gyms as possible, perhaps they just like knowing theyā€™re pissing people off. I donā€™t cheat and quite frankly donā€™t associate with those that do.

Because gyms are now more accessible than they were in the past I have become acutely aware of who is and who isnā€™t a real player. While I may have been blissfully ignorant and the spoofers may have had deniability with the way gyms were previously. Now I know who is legit and who isnā€™t and its alarming the number of people who cheat.

Here in Riverside county in California, we have a fairly populated city/county. But it still isnā€™t anything like the big city (like Los Angeles or Anaheim) I canā€™t ever just walk up to a raid and know that people are going to be there raiding. While Riverside has a population of 325k, its still a struggle sometimes to get 6+ to make a raid (some areas are easier than others). I live in a city of only 88k. We have used social media to create communities to communicate and organize raids. Some days weā€™ll spend several hours hitting up various raids throughout the city and neighboring cities.

I say this because these communities have a very strong commitment to refrain from cheating, and not to include or support cheaters as we value the INTEGRITY of the game, the spirit of the game, the purpose of the game. I have to get up and drive 15 minutes at least to meet up with people to play. Now granted thatā€™s a far cry from someone in a small town in Kentuckyā€¦ who may only have 1 pokestop within an hours reach. Quite frankly though I doubt Iā€™d even bother playing if I was in that situation. That might sound harsh, and I am by no means taking the ā€œWell then donā€™t play!ā€ positionā€¦ but Iā€™d honestly probably look for another game to satisfy my poke-fix. I enjoy the gameā€¦ but it isnā€™t SO fun that Iā€™d spoof to play, and doing it out of necessity would get oldā€¦ fast. Which brings me back to my point that THESE spoofers are the exception and not the rule. So it almost isnā€™t even worth the anecdote. All it does it muddy the waters and the real douchebags that live in a big city, and could be playing legitimately just canā€™t be bothered to go outside, just get a new excuseā€¦ oh ya me tooā€¦ Iā€™m disabled, and live in podunk (no offense) countyā€¦ donā€™t hate meā€¦ I NEED to spoof.

1 Like

Only morrons can write bullsih like you.I know meny players(legit) and all use calculators,maps and other stuff.Making any advantage is unfair.You can now write book of stupidity.

Guys calm down! Jeez! Stop fighting and discuss the topic like normal people!

3 Likes

To much bickering. We can be more productive than where this is headed